With all the Marshall talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the Marshall talk

about possibly going to SC, I got to wondering how many years Schaus has left on his contract. If he were to move on after this season as well as Marshall it would leave this program with some major uncertainty for the near future. Despite the hiring of Jane Albright, Schaus has done an outstanding job at WSU. I would hate to have someone other than Mr. Schaus looking for a new coach. He's a proven AD and I'm sure he's on some schools short list.
    :wsu_posters:
    @kellygray1 on Twitter.com Go Shox!!

I feel a little better that Coach might not leave at all. As for Jimmy, I'm sure people with deep pocket would be more than willing to have him get paid as much as they need for him to stay

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      I feel a little better that Coach might not leave at all. As for Jimmy, I'm sure people with deep pocket would be more than willing to have him get paid as much as they need for him to stay
      I would sure hope so. I think he's a huge piece of the success puzzle, here at WSU, that is often overlooked.

Comment

He's a proven AD and I'm sure he's on some schools short list.
        I am sure that $chau$ is on the list of some schools but it is no one major.

His problem is that while he has been successful and has done an excellent job at Wichita State he has not run an athletic department with a D1 football program. Until he gets that added to his resume he will be out of the BCS loop.
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

His problem is that while he has been successful and has done an excellent job at Wichita State he has not run an athletic department with a D1 football program. Until he gets that added to his resume he will be out of the BCS loop.
          Many of those involved with our Athletic Department have gone on to have very successful careers after WSU.

Lew Perkins @ KU
          Tim Weiser @ KSU
          Gary Soba @ Houston
          Casey Scott @ KSU

This list is very incomplete.

Those at WSU are fully prepared to take on BCS jobs.

Comment

I am sure that $chau$ is on the list of some schools but it is no one major.[/quote]

By the cute little dollar signs as S's, are you implying that all he cares about is lining his pockets with money? Because although I do not know him personally, I have met him several times and he hardly seem like an "I'm gonna get mine" type of guy.

Until he gets that added to his resume he will be out of the BCS loop.[/quote]

I totally disagree with this statement. I don't think it would stop him at all from getting into BCS schools that have been struggling for years. Its not that big of a gamble for those BCS schools just because because of the football issue. Look how many schools that have strong basketball teams, their football programs are "non-existant" anyway. It's not gonna hurt them to take a chance on a guy who has built a strong program from pretty much top to bottom minus football.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

Not saying that I want him to go because I think we will be fine as long as we have him but... what about some of the schools in the Big East? Until this year, UConn has been pretty dormant in football and we have seen what their men's & women's bball teams can do. Georgetown, DePaul, Seton Hall, Villanova, St. Johns are private schools that have smaller football teams (if any at all) that spend a lot of $$ on basketball. Of course I don't know how Schaus would handle their huge lacrosse budgets either.

Comment

All I am saying is that Mr. $chau$ will not be offered the AD job at a bigtime BCS school because his resume is not complete.
                Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                X