Thank you Shockers from a wichita jayhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Shockers from a wichita jayhawk

Last night was rough. Today is much better. Shocks were the team of my youth. Mike Jones hitting those two bombs in '81 is one of the fondest memories of my childhood. I have come to the realization that rooting for the shocks will be every bit as fun, and in some ways even more fun than rooting for the hawks. I'm all in and I'm sure I'm not the only beaker who feels this way. MTXE forever!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bookends View Post
    Last night was rough. Today is much better. Shocks were the team of my youth. Mike Jones hitting those two bombs in '81 is one of the fondest memories of my childhood. I have come to the realization that rooting for the shocks will be every bit as fun, and in some ways even more fun than rooting for the hawks. I'm all in and I'm sure I'm not the only beaker who feels this way. MTXE forever!!!!!!!
    Loving KU is learning to be in a constant insatiable state of wanting what you DON'T have. It's a love of youth.

Loving the Shockers is learning to always appreciate what you DO have. It's a love of maturity.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Translated:

I am jumping off the ChicKUn bandwagon and hitching onto WSU's because they still make me feel like a winner when I wear my t-shirt I just bought at Wal-Mart. Welcome aboard! ...for the time being.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Time to hop aboard. Hope I don't offend @WstateU: for reposting this. Maybe he can get some more pics to go along with it as the bandwagon is much larger this year.
        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Ha! All true boys. I get it. Good luck anyways. I still follow the Shocks though For instance I know that the new coach they have from Marshall is good:redface-new:

Comment

Welcome!!!

Saw this post on Twitter... was amused. Poster lives in Olathe..
            Sarah xxxx ‏@sarahxxxxx 9m
            Wondering why I was getting dirty looks in the mall... Oh yeah, I'm wearing a Wichita state shirt. #kucountry

Lots of fans on all sides root for each other under the same roof... too bad the schools can't play under the same roof
            Last edited by jocoshock; March 30, 2013, 01:20 PM.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Ha! All true boys. I get it. Good luck anyways. I still follow the Shocks though For instance I know that the new coach they have from Marshall is good:redface-new:
              image.jpg

Comment

For instance I know that the new coach they have from Marshall is good:redface-new:
                Very funny, KluckU! :)
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

as my favorite all-time band once sang:

Come on aboard, I promise you you won't hurt the horse
                  We treat him well, we feed him well
                  There's lots of room for you on the bandwagon,
                  The road may be rough, the weather may forget us
                  But won't we all parade around and sing our songs,
                  A magic kingdom, open-armed
                  Greet us hello, bravo, name in lights
                  Passing on the word to fellow passengers and players, passing in,
                  Until you're tired looking at all the flags
                  And all the banners waving
                  This is some parade, yesiree Bob
                  Could we have known?
                  Yesiree Bob, could we have known?
                  Look at all the flags and all the banners waving
                  Open up our arms, a magic kingdom, open-armed and greet us all

any guesses?

Comment

Merle Haggard?

Comment

nope

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Loving KU is learning to be in a constant insatiable state of wanting what you DON'T have. It's a love of youth.

Loving the Shockers is learning to always appreciate what you DO have. It's a love of maturity.
                        Sorry Wong Fu. Was just checking the board to see what you guys were talking about. Thought some lurkers might want to know that lots of Jayhawks like the shocks as many of us are from Ta town. Not trying to steal your team. Didn't realize I was stepping on your toes. You must be the "big dog" so to speak on this board. Congrats bro!!! Thanks for straightening me out on what I want and don't have. You are so right. Never thought of it that way. I'm confused now. Can I root for the shocks or not?

Comment

REM...bring on the bandwagoners.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            REM...bring on the bandwagoners.
                            BOOM

Comment

Don't worry about it. Hop on the wagon ... there's room for everyone.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X