Steve Alford takes UCLA job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Alford takes UCLA job

wow, I didn't see THAT coming. So Marshall can cross that off his list! Good for the MVC!

.Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanCBS 7mTold by sources Steve Alford was upset at UNM AD for publicly saying his raise would be paid for by increased ticket prices, concessions.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Gary Parrish ‏@Gary:ParrishCBS 18m

BREAKING: Steve Alford is already on the hot seat at UCLA for a lack of postseason success

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
        Gary Parrish ‏@Gary:ParrishCBS 18m

BREAKING: Steve Alford is already on the hot seat at UCLA for a lack of postseason success
        You know it. Every coach there always is.

Comment

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 4m
          New Mexico should not hesitate to name Craig Neal its head coach. Easiest decision I can imagine.

+1

Comment

Steve Alford to UCLA...my has the college basketball coaching landscape flow changed over time.

Comment

Matt Norlander ‏@MattNorlander 16m
              Lavin: five S16s in six years = FIRED! Howland: three straight F4s = FIRED! Alford: no S16s since '99 = HIRED!

Comment

UCLA will never stop thinking they can recreate the Wooden years. Why any coach in his right mind would take that job is beyond me. How many years before they fire Alford?

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  Matt Norlander ‏@MattNorlander 16m
                  Lavin: five S16s in six years = FIRED! Howland: three straight F4s = FIRED! Alford: no S16s since '99 = HIRED!
                  Coach Alford: 4 years x $3,000,000 = 12,000,000 = Retired in some lovely place.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 5m
                    Steve Alford just signed a 10-year, $20 Million extension at New Mexico. Now, he's head coach at UCLA. Damn, time flies.

SienaSoup ‏@sienasoup 9m
                    @GottliebShow Buyout from UNM is $150k, peanuts. Would have went to $1 million this Monday, April 4th. LOL.

Comment

Never liked Alford so a match made in heaven in my view. I like Bilas's takes more and more. Has anyone on here read his new book on Toughness?
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Speaking of Jay...

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 8m
                        Here's how Steve Alford was able to get out of his ten-year contract extension at New Mexico. pic.twitter.com/q5k7CtOuWV

Comment

The UCLA AD needs to put the crack pipe down.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Alford pretty much started the trend of jumping to a power-conference the moment he found success at a "mid". He then became one of the poster kids (along with Dan Monson) for why you shouldn't be a "jumper". You'd think he'd have learned his lesson.

Comment

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 15m
                              Whoa. RT @GoodmanCBS: New Mexico's Alex Kirk to AD: I'll graduate & go to UCLA if Craig Neal isn't hired: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ire-craig-neal … …

Comment

Working...
                              X