No announcement yet.

Media Darling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to rewind here to the Sweet 16 Season and fast-forward to near future as we continue to support these Shockers this Season as well as we build and reload for the future. This is in no way to not enjoy what we have going on this Season as well. It is a rebuilding year and we are hopefully to have several nice wins still forthcoming. However, we may be 2 Seasons away from another Sweet 16 type potential year. I will rewind to that banner year and fast-forward to the next year or 2 as we know it to be now.

MB was instumental that year, and I will never forget his awesome 3 and 4 pointers to bury Creighton here. Enter Clevin Hannah who is a pure point guard that can shoot the lights out when needed. CH will be a serious keeper.

SO who had hot streaks stroking the 3 and lite up Seton Hall like a Christmas tree. Next year, GM should really be ready for a banner year. His last 7 games or so have been solid. Enter Toure Murry who can also stroke it and hopefully play better defense then SO. Graham Hatch is only a Freshman and has a nice stroke.

Keith "Shocker Savings" Bonds. There was actually several big shots he made year which is why I named him that. There were tough teams that he actually matched up better at times that year then MB. Enter David Kyles who is a scorer/slasher. WP will be a Senior next year and he will always play hard and plays solid defense.

PJ who was Tennessee's worst nightmare. PJ plays solid defense and does alot of things very good. Enter AJ Hawkins who could be one of our very best players next year and a likely starter. Both are excellent athletes and can play defense. AE could still step up and shows potential as a Freshman this year and should only get better.

Paul Miller----A banner Senior year. He scored 30 in our double OT victory over SIU here that Season. Tennesse had him bleeding with their hacking but Paul fought through it. Enter GS and EO, both slightly taller and hopefully they can keep improving just like Paul did. EO has been described as an "NBA potential type player" and let's hope he gets here sooner than later. GS also has an outside touch like PM and maybe is more skilled then PM was as a Senior?

Ryan Martin was a good rebounder and always hustled. Ramon will continue to be our best rebounder this year and will be solid next year with C.H. distributing the rock. RC will only keep getting better.

Kyle Wilson is hard to replace. He was so tough with his shooting touch but could score inside as well. We still do not know the status of MG for next year. Of course we know that JT is a Freshman that will become a Sophmore with better Defense we hope. He can score inside and out. This could also be a position that we will focus on for another recruit ot 2 before it is over.

So there you have it. How do we look on paper verus that Shocker Sweet 16 Team? I have only seen AJ, and our players from this year play in person. However, before this recruiting Class is finalized, we may compare these recruits to one of our very best for along long time.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Who is the bigger media darling, our faithful leader Royal or the Caped Crusader, Drew Gallant?

Comment

Originally posted by WuBoy13
        Who is the bigger media darling, our faithful leader Royal or the Caped Crusader, Drew Gallant?
        I know which one I prefer.....
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
        X