Banner (rafters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner (rafters)

Has this year confirmed that Gregg Marshall needs to be up in the rafters with Xavier, Cleo?

Mmmmm not yet. But I truly hope he sticks around long enough to have his banner hanging there.

Btw, where is Marshall in wins at WSU so far?
    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
    -- Pele

Comment

Let's start with just hanging the NCAA National Champion banner first.

Although, it will have to be smaller and have an asteric on it because we got an easy draw to get it.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

What does it take for a coach to have a banner hanging -- National Coach of the Year, or is it more than just that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
          What does it take for a coach to have a banner hanging -- National Coach of the Year, or is it more than just that?
          I would think a NC would be good enough. Though an NC at WSU and you probably the COY to go with it.

Comment

In Ralph Miller's case, it was because he put the program on the map and got the building built. I don't think there is any doubt GM would receive a similar tribute with a NC, or probably, short of that, if he sticks around until he retires. His name could be on the floor also, there's plenty of room. I hope the asterisk comment was tongue in cheek...
            "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
            Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Ralph Miller had over 650 wins and I believe iirc that he is in the Top 10 in number of Div. 1 wins for coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                Has this year confirmed that Gregg Marshall needs to be up in the rafters with Xavier, Cleo?
                He shouldn't go up for another 25 years after he retires. But he is one year away from going up there for sure.

Comment

Is Devlin Court a permanent sponsorship, or is there any chance that turns into Gregg Marshall court one day with a national championship in the bag? >=)
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

How about a banner for DW as the Shocker with the most wins in a career? 110 and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by sekshoxfan View Post
                      How about a banner for DW as the Shocker with the most wins in a career? 110 and counting.
                      Gonna be real hard to break that record

Comment

Fred VanVleet will break it.

Already tied the 29.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Fred VanVleet will break it.

Already tied the 29.
                          Yeah, thats a good start....
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                          X