Improving WSU Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving WSU Basketball

With this run and excitement in the community - what upgrades does the WSU ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT need to pursue to help Gregg Marshall continue to build and sustain this program at on the national stage.

Perhaps a bump in pay for his assistants.

Do we need any upgrades or additions to the facilities?

Raise the roof and put some boxes in?

Some extra recruiting dollars?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      With this run and excitement in the community - what upgrades does the WSU ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT need to pursue to help Gregg Marshall continue to build and sustain this program at on the national stage.
      I think they should buy one of those fax machines, and if there is enough left over, they should buy all the coaches a car phone, so they can keep in touch while they are recruiting.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I believe my wife said 'Jim Rome' suggested one of these in a tweet after last nights game... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm thinking Gregg Marshall deserves to have Air Force One more than Obama right now... Just sayin.

Comment

Well, it's been 10+ years since Koch Arena was renovated and the prices for the seats set. Hang on to your wallets because I think the time is very near when they will revamp the ticket prices (gotta pay for those salary increase somehow). I'm all for Marshall and his key assistants getting a nice healthy boost in salary to keep the gang together). By the way, I think the ticket revamp was going to happen soon anyway even without this great NCAA run (but now the tickets and SASO contributions may be even higher). I have absolutely no inside information -- it just seems about time for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              I'm thinking Gregg Marshall deserves to have Air Force One more than Obama right now... Just sayin.
              Who doesn't?

Comment

I would like to see an attached building with an expanded weight room so that it is not in the bowels of the arena. How about adding 60'-75' on the north side at ground level, make it perhaps 50' on either side of the tunnel entrance (talking about a 60' by 120' addition including an extended tunnel) and have the WSU locker room on one side of the tunnel and the weight room on the other.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that the Roundhouse Renaissance was the single most important thing Jim Schaus did to resurrect Shocker athletics in general and men's basketball in particular. We had let HLA deteriorate into a complete embarrassment. We simply can not allow that to happen again. Most important we need to retain our best coaches. Not far behind is maintaining and improviing our facilities.

Comment

I have another one. Find a way into a better conference.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                      Well, it's been 10+ years since Koch Arena was renovated and the prices for the seats set. Hang on to your wallets because I think the time is very near when they will revamp the ticket prices (gotta pay for those salary increase somehow). I'm all for Marshall and his key assistants getting a nice healthy boost in salary to keep the gang together). By the way, I think the ticket revamp was going to happen soon anyway even without this great NCAA run (but now the tickets and SASO contributions may be even higher). I have absolutely no inside information -- it just seems about time for it.
                      According to twitter, with last night's win, Marshall has collected $244,000 in bonus money. $36,000 just for the E-8 win...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

-- give HCGM a raise
                        -- give the assistant coaches a raise
                        -- give CKA's roof a raise
                        -- give the camera platform at CKA a raise

Comment

Leave CKA alone. We don't need more seats. Attendance is dropping across the country. Even Duke can't give it's students all the allotted tickets. Cameron seats 9,600. That is not an obstacle.

I like adding amenities to CKA. WiFi especially. Upgrade locker rooms again. Upgrade weight and training room. Increase awareness by continuing the marketing blitz and taking full advantage of the opportunites. WSU should buy time during game Saturday.

I think we need to increase the recruiting budget, and tools. Get more interactive. Innovative. Generic basic form letters get old. Create a database of videos, email links to video's showing how plays they have made would fit into our system, etc.

I think the dorm will help. I would love to see another big parking garage, covered connecting to CKA. Keep those who are willing to pay the higher amounts out of the wind and rain. They deserve it. I think we need to get better at spreading the word about Ticket Marketplace. Let people know where to go when there are tickets.

We have 2 young up and coming assistants, and one that has put in his due. I beilieve Coach Jans will get the opportunity he deserves. Will he take it? I hope so. As I said he deserves it. Also, I hope he doesn't. He has been very key to our success.

Comment

A Popemobile

Comment

I think Duke is upgrading Cameron, but like the Roundhouse Rennaissance they are not expanding seating. Big improvements to the amenities and ancillary functions of the building. Pretty comparable to what Wichita State did.

Comment

Working...
                              X