I'm walking in the clouds right now man... 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm walking in the clouds right now man... 3

I'm sorry, I'm trying to stay angry... or unsatisfied... or whatever. But I feel like somebody just handed me an envelope with 100k in it. I am so geeked up I have to keep reminding myself what just happened. No way do I go to sleep for a while..

Do you know how much this will mean for our university? The dollars? The publicity? This could be the spark that sends us off like a freaking rocket. We aren't some little Cinderella that can't take advantage of this situation. We have THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD for hyping the **** out of a situation like this. He is going to tell every recruit, every reporter, every talk show host that Wichita State is as good as anybody out there and if they don't believe it, take a look at his bank account.

If by some miracle we get asked to go to the Mountain West Conference as a basketball only school, we could immediately begin legitimately planning to bring back football. Ten years from now we could be looking back at 2013 as the springboard year that cured all ills as we walk into our newly renovated football stadium to watch our first football game since 1986.

I'm trying to stay hungry, but I'm sorry Shocker fans, I have to enjoy this one a bit. I can't hold out any longer...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

T

...:cool:

You think this feels good?

Just wait til we win Saturday.

Seriously though, we all need to enjoy the ride. This is amazing.

Comment

Just the thought of being a win away from a Final 4 blows my mind.

Comment

Enjoy today. Enjoy tomorrow. Then at tipoff. Act like its a regular season game and dont be satisfied.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Expect to win Saturday.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Cold one word for you to get angry again... Evansville! Evansville! Evansville!

Comment

I'll say it again, EVANSVILLE!!!

Comment

I was thinking how Evansville must be enjoying our run and feeling even better about their success against us. It's fun for teams you beat to make a lot of noise. Even though the second loss hurt bad, I hope they are.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  I was thinking how Evansville must be enjoying our run and feeling even better about their success against us. It's fun for teams you beat to make a lot of noise. Even though the second loss hurt bad, I hope they are.
                  Oh the stories that they can tell their kids some day. Back in 2012-13 season, we beat Wichita State. They went on to the _______. I know I would.

And I know how I plan on them being able to fill that blank.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    Oh the stories that they can tell their kids some day. Back in 2012-13 season, we beat Wichita State. They went on to WIN the _______. I know I would.

And I know how I plan on them being able to fill that blank.
                    *fixed*

T

Comment

They won't mention that WSU played without Baker and Wessel.

Comment

If bj didn't start the exact same 5 EVERY game, they might not have even made the dance. Outside of Josh Jones (really hope that kid will be okay) they didn't have anything of substance to deal with. When you're as soft as CU is, that's about the only way you're going to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                          You think this feels good?

Just wait til we win Saturday.

Seriously though, we all need to enjoy the ride. This is amazing.
                          I can't feel anything right now. I think I might be stroking out.

T

Comment

Don't be surprised to read my obituary tomorrow. Lol
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              I can't feel anything right now. I think I might be stroking out.

T

Brother, you have company.

Comment

Working...
                              X