AWESOME PODDCAST 810WHB - MITCH HOLTHUS KEVIN KEITZMAN WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWESOME PODDCAST 810WHB - MITCH HOLTHUS KEVIN KEITZMAN WSU

THIS IS A MUST LISTEN... and catch the last minute of it also..
    http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=375&f=1234131

Last edited by jocoshock; March 27, 2013, 09:48 PM.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Heard this, really took it to Self and Webber
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Great discussion.

I think the points about putting the money towards the state were brilliant ideas. That is the best idea I've ever heard for this series to start happening. Home and home series with the teams. Sell sponsorship rights. Certain percentage of the gates go towards the state ... charities, underfunded organizations, wherever.

The trick is, this proposal should be made in public. It should be made clear that Wichita State wants this game, and wants it to benefit the state of Kansas. It should be made in newspapers, on television, etc. It doesn't need to be just a "we're calling them out," situation, but something that's just kind of floated in the public sphere. Make it so that if Kansas or Kansas State wants to refuse to play us, they're doing it at the expense of underprivileged children in their own state by taking money directly out of the hands of a charity for selfish reasons.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I'll say it. I'm not a Chiefs fan but I am a HUGE Mitch Holthus fan. When he is doing a WSU game its always a better experience. Its great that he knows so much about Kansas sports and I thought this discussion was nice. I like his idea about using these games to raise funds for the state and I think it could work.

Comment

Mitch is DA MAN.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Comment

Agreed..Mitch is THE MAN....and just as nice in person. His son played basketball at Southwestern and I caught up with him at a game once...very genuine!

Comment

MAny years ago, Mitch gave the commencement address at my niece's high school in Baileyville - up by Manhattan - graduating class - 30.
                It was in his first year as Chief's play by play guy and his talk was on perserverance - mainly from his own career challenges and disappointments. He had been led to believe he had a number of high profile jobs prior to that, including KC ROyals play-by-play, maybe the Cubs or Cardinals too - along with many others that always seemed to fall apart at the last moment. But, he did perservere and now commands a LOT of personal appearance money I believe (no more high schools) - I have no problem with that - and has established himself as a pretty good sportscaster.
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Mike Kennedy will be on at 4pm to talk about the shockers.

Comment

Working...
                  X