It's not the two hours...it's what happens in the two hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not the two hours...it's what happens in the two hours

Why am I spending a bunch of money to go across the country to watch potentially one Shocker basketball game?

I give you this video from a movie where a high school kid is about to wrestle the greatest wrestler in state history for the championship. He encounters a middle age co worker who took the night off to watch him. His speech captures the essence of Shocker sports for me and I'm sure many on this board.

Louden and Elmo discuss quantity vs quality of time spent in our lives.

Well said. Beautiful.

Comment

"Why am I spending a bunch of money to go across the country to watch potentially one Shocker basketball game?"

1)Because it is there

2)You can't take it with you

3) The opportunity presents itself

4) Carpe Diem

5) Just cuz'

6) It's only money

7) It's our Manifest Destiny

8) Life is short

9) Live for today

10) We're Not Satisfied

Comment

Speaking of motivating video clips, did anyone see the 30 for 30 "Survive and Advance" about Jimmy Valvano and the '83 NCSt miracle run?

Prior to the title game versus Houston (Phi Slamma Jamma with Drexler and Olajuwon), Jimmy V told anybody who would listen that they were going hold the ball and that they didn't have the horses to run with Houston. This was pre shot clock era. But right before the game in the lockeroom Jimmy V told his players "you think we've come all this @#$# way to hold the @#$@ ball? You really think we're going to play scared in front of 50 million people? F#$@ that! We're gonna go out and punch them in the mouth!"

The team was ready to run through a wall. Here's a clip:
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
        X