Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Show weighs in

No, not on the scales.

Somebody needs to get Captain Insano a play angry t-shirt.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

ESPN and all networks should include "The Big Show" in the "Most Notables" when breaking down our university factoids.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Hilarious article - great insight!

Comment

He made BIG John Smith... look small hahah

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            Somebody needs to get Captain Insano a play angry t-shirt.
            Perhaps a play angry tent that can double as a T-Shirt for our favorite pro-wrestling alum.

Comment

I recognize John Smith and Claudious Johnson. Who are the other 3 dudes?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                I recognize John Smith and Claudious Johnson. Who are the other 3 dudes?
                Tony (was that his first name?) Brown, Robert George, and I'm not positive on the last guy.

Comment

Robert george?

Comment

That is the most in depth interview I've seen him talk about his playing days. Other than the one where a he said a kid shorter than him was jumping over his head.
                    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

'strongest dunk i think i've ever seen live was wsu vs ku, 1991. roy williams ran up the score on the hapless shockers, of course, but when wight threw down that dunk, ku players ran away fast and far, like almost completely right off of the floor- all of them. 'still can't believe he didn't shatter the glass on that one (no hyperbole).

'had a soft spot in my heart for him, just for that alone, well before i ever even knew he was the big show.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        'strongest dunk i think i've ever seen live was wsu vs ku, 1991. roy williams ran up the score on the hapless shockers, of course, but when wight threw down that dunk, ku players ran away fast and far, like almost completely right off of the floor- all of them. 'still can't believe he didn't shatter the glass on that one (no hyperbole).

'had a soft spot in my heart for him, just for that alone, well before i ever even knew he was the big show.
                        Based on his size alone I'm sure he could have been dominant if he'd had the right attitude and coaching. Too bad it didn't work.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                          Based on his size alone I'm sure he could have been dominant if he'd had the right attitude and coaching. Too bad it didn't work.
                          Has he used up all his eligibility? We are losing our 7 footer....

Comment

When I first met 'hotdog fingers' he was pumping iron and not very strong. A very nice man and I told him he should get serious about being a Pro Wrestler. I never knew he would rise to the top of that sport.

Speaking of Claudius, I witness him one summer, while on the dead run, he left his feet one step past the free-throw line for a monster dunk. Incredible.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but I know The Big Show is everywhere. Hell send him a whole box of WSU PLAY ANGRY t-shirts officially from the office of AD Sexton. I bet he'd be giving them away to all his buddies. Might even see him wear one on tv. Walking down the runway to the ring. During an interview. After that, alot of Big Show fans might just want their own WSU PLAY ANGRY t-shirt.

OH YEAH BABY. THE WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY WHEATSHOCKERS GO WORLD WIDE WITH THE BIG SHOW
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                              X