Why Wichita State refused to return to Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Wichita State refused to return to Philly

Thompson did more than vent on the night of Dec. 29, 1964. He vowed he'd never bring another team to the Palestra. He never did. Nor did many other big-name coaches influenced by his unusually shrill outburst.

and we thought the Valley refs were bad...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Great article - great find. I assume this is the same Dr. Jack Ramsay who I remember on SportsCenter, particularly during NBA playoffs back in "the day". Didn't realize his background....

I'll compare this to our modern day experience last Saturday - foul disparity similar to the Gonzaga game. I didn't expect any homering from Higgins, but thought that his being there could certainly work to our advantage since he had seen us play all season and would let us play a more physical game without some of the fouls which were pretty iffy. Obviously we came out smelling like roses, so no harm, no foul :)

Comment

Higgins is a douche! No college basketball fans like him, usually he is consistent but he wasn't last Saturday!
      I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
        Higgins is a douche! No college basketball fans like him, usually he is consistent but he wasn't last Saturday!
        We shouldn't see him again now that he has officiated a WSU game in the tourney. Unless he keeps going on too.

Comment

Now I REALLY want to kick the snot out of La Salle.

Do it for Thompson!!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I like Higgins. Always glad to see when he's reffing our games.

Comment

Working...
            X