A Little History Lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little History Lesson

This starts with the replay of Mike Jones second shot with a few seconds left. Enjoy.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Pretty close resemblence to FVVs dagger.

Comment

Some of you guys talk about KU more than my KU friends.

Comment

Wow. I didn't remember all the details of those last few seconds. We got a break on that in bounds play. If Higgins had been on the court I'm afraid Valentine would have been shooting free throws.

Also, what was up with Randy shooting free throws? I can't believe that was his approach. Standing there with the ball in front of his face shaking like a heroin addict. I guess it was better than Henry Carr's method. Oh well. 66-65.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
          As far as I can tell, you are the only one here who mentioned them
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
            You're still a douche
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Randy about blew it by missing those free throws

Comment

Man Oh Man, thanks for that. What great memories that video brings. Too hell with baggy shorts and ankle socks, the glory days were when I/we played wearing tube socks and short shorts. HA HA HA

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                  Man Oh Man, thanks for that. What great memories that video brings. Too hell with baggy shorts and ankle socks, the glory days are when I/we played with tube socks and short shorts. HA HA HA
                  I always liked these 'short shorts'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nice! Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Do you have more video of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        This starts with the replay of Mike Jones second shot with a few seconds left. Enjoy.

FSF either outgrew my "Battle Of New Orleans" shirt or it shrunk in bounteous fashion. Thanks for this History Lesson Shock Band and I want to us to March right back to the Elite 8.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Crash0710 View Post
                          Do you have more video of the game?
                          I have the whole thing on DVD, its just ripping it for Youtube has been more clunky than I expected. I'll post things as I get them done. Hopefully the NCAA won't have them removed for a copyright violation. I'm not including the term "KU vs. WSU" or anything similar to make it less obvious, but I've seen plenty of other old games on Youtube, so maybe it doesn't really matter. When I do post them, they will be in 3 or 4 parts, with the "Last Few Seconds" as the last part, due to how my ripping program handled the DVD. Unless I can manage to reassemble the whole thing.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have a copy that has a little closer view of the inbounds play, the player throwing the the ball in steps on the end line before Jackson runs in toValentine...throw in violation, game over

Comment

Thanks ShockBand. I was a freshman at WSU in 1981 and drove all night to see that game. What a great memory.

Comment

Working...
                              X