Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional gas passer.

Comment

(Thought this article might get more notice in this thread)

Stepping up: Scott City standout takes game from western Kansas to national stage.

Thanks coach O'Neil!

"He really taught me how to be a better basketball player — shooting, passing, defending, being a good teammate, and how to act in the general public," Baker said. "He taught me the I.Q. of the game and how to do the little things. He's the guy that taught me a lot that got me where I am today. But I'm certainly not the Ron Baker I was in Scott City. I'm more of a role player here."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        (Thought this article might get more notice in this thread)

Stepping up: Scott City standout takes game from western Kansas to national stage.

Thanks coach O'Neil!

"He really taught me how to be a better basketball player — shooting, passing, defending, being a good teammate, and how to act in the general public," Baker said. "He taught me the I.Q. of the game and how to do the little things. He's the guy that taught me a lot that got me where I am today. But I'm certainly not the Ron Baker I was in Scott City. I'm more of a role player here."

http://www.gctelegram.com/sports/Ron...ature-03-26-13
        I didn't realize Saturday is Ron's birthday. Hey, I just thought of something the team and coaching staff could give him for a gift...
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I have only been through Scott City once. I actually planned a stop at Lake Scott State Park just north of Scott City on the way to Colorado about 10 years ago. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by Lake Scott State Park. Not real big, but very pretty. This was about 10 years ago so I hope there is still plenty of water in the lake. Very interesting and pretty little park if you like to get off the beaten path. If I go that way agains sometime I will have to make sure to wear my Shocker gear, although it may not stand out like it would have back then.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I have only been through Scott City once. I actually planned a stop at Lake Scott State Park just north of Scott City on the way to Colorado about 10 years ago. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by Lake Scott State Park. Not real big, but very pretty. This was about 10 years ago so I hope there is still plenty of water in the lake. Very interesting and pretty little park if you like to get off the beaten path. If I go that way agains sometime I will have to make sure to wear my Shocker gear, although it may not stand out like it would have back then.
            There is. It is spring fed and really is a picturesque lake right smack dab in the middle of the high plains. There is actually some decent Old West history right around the lake as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              There is. It is spring fed and really is a picturesque lake right smack dab in the middle of the high plains. There is actually some decent Old West history right around the lake as well.
              Well worth the trip...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Yes, there is. Some Indian ruins also I believe. Surprisingly hilly right around the lake. Some nice hikes and views. Kind of an oasis in the desert I suppose.

Nice video about the park here. http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/news/State-...ocations/Scott

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I ran with some Scott City boys in college and I can tell you they are one proud group much like Texans. I also work with an SC grad now. He's not a basketball fan but he knows who Ron Baker is. Per the game broadcast there are 2800 people and 2 stop lights in Scott City. My colleague called BS on the population…3000 minimum! he declared.

When hanging with my Scott City bud in college we went to KC to hang with his brother. Six Scott City grads were renting a 2000 square foot house in KC MO (they were 23 and working). We pulled in on a Wednesday and there was a pile of beer cans which had been raked out of the yard and a box clothes that had been burnt on the porch. Cars were parked in the grass and on the curb. I thought of Animal House when we pulled up, but these fellas were straight out of workaholics (but 10 years ago).

I walked in to the house and some 300 lb hairy dude in his under ware was reading Atlas Shrugged and some chick wearing only a man's t-shirt offered me a shot of cheap whiskey.

That night was pretty cool. My friend and I only had one rule going into that night, "don't have sex with an 18 year old mormon run-away." We both broke that rule.

I love Scott City and I love Ron Baker!!!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I ran with some Scott City boys in college and I can tell you they are one proud group much like Texans. I also work with an SC grad now. He's not a basketball fan but he knows who Ron Baker is. Per the game broadcast there are 2800 people and 2 stop lights in Scott City. My colleague called BS on the population…3000 minimum! he declared.

When hanging with my Scott City bud in college we went to KC to hang with his brother. Six Scott City grads were renting a 2000 square foot house in KC MO (they were 23 and working). We pulled in on a Wednesday and there was a pile of beer cans which had been raked out of the yard and a box clothes that had been burnt on the porch. Cars were parked in the grass and on the curb. I thought of Animal House when we pulled up, but these fellas were straight out of workaholics (but 10 years ago).

I walked in to the house and some 300 lb hairy dude in his under ware was reading Atlas Shrugged and some chick wearing only a man's t-shirt offered me a shot of cheap whiskey.

That night was pretty cool. My friend and I only had one rule going into that night, "don't have sex with an 18 year old mormon run-away." We both broke that rule.

LMAO
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Well worth the trip...
                      My wife, 8-year old grandson and his 10-year old friend sure enjoyed the afternoon we spent at Lake Scott. Not too far up the road are the Chalk Pyramids (or Monument Rocks). Talk about off the beaten path, but we had a lot of fun there also.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Ron said the population was 3800 on the Jim Rome show.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                          That was awesome. Worth a listen for sure.

Comment

After listening to Ron, I 4 1 couldnt be prouder.Great job RB
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              I didn't realize Saturday is Ron's birthday. Hey, I just thought of something the team and coaching staff could give him for a gift...
                              A win on Thursday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                A win on Thursday!!!
                                I was thinking a piece of the net in LA, but your idea is a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X