New uniform concepts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New uniform concepts...

Found this video on YouTube. I love our classic looking jerseys, but some of these designs are pretty intriguing.

Thoughts?

I like the WSU logo on Yellow and on Black with the Wu on the shorts. I have always liked yellow jerseys. Gray never made any sense to me.

Comment

NO to all.

Except MAYBE the WSU/Wheat logo across the chest.. But even then it needs some work..

You know who has great uni's? Indiana and Arkansas.

Comment

I've often wondered why our unis are so bland and plain. It's not as if we running around with Riddell brand screen prints from the local sports shop - we're running Jordan's. I don't want to go from one extreme to another, but some slight bit of flash would be nice.

Comment

Less is more. We just need to worry about the fonts on our uniforms being the same before we go all Oregon U

Comment

Love them all. I was thinking our uni's are in bad need of updating after seeing some of the sharp designs some of the other programs are sporting.

Is this something the athletic department is actually looking at or just some fan's daydreaming on Youtube?
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Personally, what I would like to see incorporates the following elements:

Font that matches the universities standards (makes us look more professional and uniform)
              Either Wichita (top) State (bottom) or Wichita (top) Shockers (bottom), not really a fan of the script WSU
              Simple black/white background with borders on the side.
              Stylized wheat edge to border
              Unified theme in the shorts and top

I like the fact that we have a fairly "basic" appearance, without a lot of distractions on the top or shorts. I think we should not mess with the plain black and white background of our uniform. However, the uniforms have a white border on top and a yellow border on bottom, and the font doesn't really match the rest of the university. Make the borders match, switch the font.

To spice up the uniforms, don't make them just black/yellow/white lines. Put a couple lines of wheat flecking out, similar to the wheat on top of the script WSU logo. Alternatively, use lightning bolts that arc from the border to the center. If I had time, I'd use Microsoft Paint to throw up an example. The idea should be a classic look with a little unique flair on the borders.

Comment

i like the black with the WSU/wheat and the W state one. And I think going all Oregon U is not a bad thing.

EDIT: I think we need to bring back the yellow if we make it to ATL.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We should get some with a life-size basketball printed on the front. Four guys running towards the basket, clutching their chests, confusing defenders.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

If I never see us in Gold jerseys again it will be okay with me... I'm old school Black. Home white. Gray are ok once in a while.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I like the shorts. I'm not so sure about the one that has the W and then state. Almost seems like they're emphasizing STATE on that one. Maybe that's just me. And I'm not so sure about just having Wu on the front. And I don't like the shorts that say STATE on the waiste. I could probably get used to something similar to the other two.

I'm fine with what we have, but I could handle an upgraded look as long as they stay away from some of the hideousness that we've seen others using.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd like to incoporate a small keeper of the plains figure somewhere on the unis to symbolize us as the hometown team. Maybe position it on the side of the shorts?

Comment

The White one with Wu Shock on the front is pretty nice.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I say don't change one single thing from what they wear right now. You should NEVER screw with a hot streak. Superstitious? Maybe, but I say don't mess with 'em.

Comment

Just stay away from neon "highlighter" colors....for the love of God!!!!!!!
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X