No announcement yet.

I Love LA roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a nice hotel on expedia in downtown a half mile from Staples for $55. Now just working on getting tickets. The WSU ticket office wasn't able to guarentee me jack. Lol
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      I'm thinking of making the trip fella's. Any help getting tickets would be appreciated!!! Please point me to who, and where to get tickets!!! Thank you!!!

http://goshockers.com/SplashPage.dbm...H_AD_ID=905941 :)

WICHITA, Kan. -- No. 9-seeded Wichita State (28-8) will face the 13th-seeded La Salle Explorers (23-9) in the Sweet Sixteen Thursday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My father and I are going to LA. First time we've been outside of Koch Arena to watch the shox, and I'm pretty pumped.

What else is everyone doing in LA? I gotta get my monies worth and there should be tons to see in LA, but no clue where to even start.

Comment

I haven't been to LA since I was a drunk college student. Now I'm a drunk middle aged man.

How is the public transportation-safe, reliable, far reaching?

Comment

The girlfriend and I will be driving up from San Diego after work Thursday. Didn't buy tickets through the Shox so we'll be up in 214 yelling as loud as we can. I can't wait! Before the tourney started I hung a "dream" bracket up on my door at work. The Shockers beat KU in the national championship. Everybody scoffed. Two games down...

Comment

@shoxlax: LA Metro (train, bus) runs just about everywhere you'll want to go for cheap; Safe, errrr, that's debatable, this is LA we're talking about here. A better option, albiet more expensive, would probably be a taxi. Just be aware traffic into downtown will likely be nuts, so factor that into your travel plans.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                I haven't been to LA since I was a drunk college student. Now I'm a drunk middle aged man.

How is the public transportation-safe, reliable, far reaching?
                The trend is you will be a drunk OLD man very soon. I will proudly welcome you to the club!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                  I have friends out there in the entertainment industry
                  If anyone is looking for a party that doesnt want to stick around LA Live let me know and I can gather up whats going on.
                  What type of entertainment?!?! PM/DM if necessary ... rollin out to LA with my pops but I'm mid-20's and always like to get funky.
                  Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

LMAO.

I wish it were the "young man" kind. But no just know a few DJ's that moved out that way

Comment

"We're Not Satisfied"

We're parking the Family Truckster (with the newly cracked windshield) and flying out early thursday morning ICT-ONT, renting a car and staying in Glendale. Returning late Sunday evening. Please ticket office how about some seats in the lower bowl.

Comment

Mrs. Lax will accompany me and I had to promise her my language would be much cleaner than Saturday.

Moose just confirmed he will be in the City of Angels with an air mattress.
                        Last edited by shoxlax; March 25, 2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Locked and loaded.

Comment

this one hurts. Made it to St Louis, but cannot make it to LA 100 miles away. I will be stuck in hospital for surgery (Not life threatening but necessary and urgent).

Comment

Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
                              this one hurts. Made it to St Louis, but cannot make it to LA 100 miles away. I will be stuck in hospital for surgery (Not life threatening but necessary and urgent).
                              Wishing you a speedy recovery. Maybe a quick enough recovery to roll east to Atlanta in about a week?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X