No announcement yet.

Reception at Koch Arena, NOT Mid-Continent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one of the questions was about Jake White's foot.

Comment

I had to go to desktop mode to watch the last part of the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by kawwsu77 View Post
        I think one of the questions was about Jake White's foot.
        See above. HCGM didn't sound too concerned.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

My stream died after Mike Kennedy's remarks - was that the end?

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
            My stream died after Mike Kennedy's remarks - was that the end?
            I missed Mike's comments. Maybe someone tripped over a cable and killed the stream. That seems to happen a lot while Mike is doing the Shocker broadcasts.

Comment

So Jake is now banged up, Demetric is still not the same since the Valley tourney, can someone fill me in exactly what is wrong with DW? Is he just got a nagging Charlie Horse or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                I missed Mike's comments. Maybe someone tripped over a cable and killed the stream. That seems to happen a lot while Mike is doing the Shocker broadcasts.
                In the background, you could hear 3G say "I'm done" then the MC thanked the crowd, and the feed was cut.
                Go Shocks!!

Comment

How many there?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Jake in a walking boot.
                    He was in one after the Pitt game as well. Not too concerned.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                      How many there?
                      My guess would be 3,000. Pretty enthusiastic group.

3G said Jake had an issue with his foot but that he could still play. The boot was to take weight off of the foot when he wasn't playing. He didn't seem to concerned about it.

Comment

Nice little party. I think the AD did a decent job of throwing it together.
                        Last edited by shoxlax; March 24, 2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Nice little party. I think the AD did a decent job of throwing it together.

The Lady Shocks arrived a little earlier. I talked to a few of them outside the arena. Wouldve been nice if they could have been recognized as a team while we were waiting for the men to show up, but oh well.

Jody did get a nice hand.
                          WTF? were you really there? They brought them all in for a standing O, comments from Brian P. and Jody. Short but sweet.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                            WTF? were you really there? They brought them all in for a standing O, comments from Brian P. and Jody. Short but sweet.
                            Oooops. I must have shown up when they were leaving the arena. That is when I talked to them. Guess I was the one who was late.

Was it before WuShock was running around with that little girl dressed as a cheerleader? Because that is when I showed up.

I did go take a phone call in the concourse for about ten minutes but I dont remember hearing any cheering.

In any event I corrected my first post.
                            Last edited by shoxlax; March 24, 2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Demetric is still not the same since the Valley tourney, can someone fill me in exactly what is wrong with DW? Is he just got a nagging Charlie Horse or something?
                              Can't say exactly what the extent of D-Will's injury is but this was reported in today's Eagle:

Baker was pressed into extended duty because the Shocker bench essentially has become shorter. Demetric Williams, a senior and usual starter, has been hampered by a knee injury and has played 21 total minutes in WSU’s two tourney games.

Comment

Darren Boatright was the first to arrive. He said 3G was a little hesitant to have a ceremony because he didn't want to give the team the impression they are satisfied with what they have done. But they knew they couldn't keep the fans away and that they did want to allow the fans to join in the celebration.

The team lead by Ron Baker began high-fiving the crowd which was gathered on the west side of the arena, and then started signing autographs and having pictures taken.

3G invited the band to come down and join them on the floor as well as the cheerleaders and all the coaching staff and managers.

The crowd started chanting "Sweet 16, Sweet 16". 3G turned to band and cheerleaders and then they started to chant "Final Four, Final Four" to which the crowd immediately joined in.

Pehaps the hihghlight for me was when 3G lead everyone in singing the Shocker War Chant acapella, although 3G did provide the sound effects.

It was pretty impromptu but also very enthusastic. Lasted about 25 minutes.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 24, 2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X