No announcement yet.

Reception at Koch Arena, NOT Mid-Continent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the concern about the word not getting out to everyone, but knowing that they want us to go to CKA and still planning to go to the airport is just being stupid and stubborn. Just go where the official celebration is and let's get as many people as possible there!
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

uh just read this in an eagle article:

the team will board a plane in Salt Lake City at noon on Sunday and will be back to Wichita Mid-Continent Airport by 3 p.m., Sexton said.

They’ll likely beat the fans who stayed all week in Salt Lake City back home, so they’re passing the torch to the Wichita fans.

Ted Ayres, WSU’s general counsel, issued an order.

“Tell everyone in Wichita to be there to greet this team.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/03/23/273...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        uh just read this in an eagle article:

the team will board a plane in Salt Lake City at noon on Sunday and will be back to Wichita Mid-Continent Airport by 3 p.m., Sexton said.

They’ll likely beat the fans who stayed all week in Salt Lake City back home, so they’re passing the torch to the Wichita fans.

Ted Ayres, WSU’s general counsel, issued an order.

“Tell everyone in Wichita to be there to greet this team.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/03/23/273...#storylink=cpy
        This isn't a debatable deal. The official outlet of the school has said to meet at CKA NOT at the airport. Also, that is a quote the A) is taken in the heat of the moment and B) could refer just as much to meeting the team when the get "home" than to the airport specifically.

Just show up at CKA. This shouldn't be that hard.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          This isn't a debatable deal. The official outlet of the school has said to meet at CKA NOT at the airport. Also, that is a quote the A) is taken in the heat of the moment and B) could refer just as much to meeting the team when the get "home" than to the airport specifically.

Just show up at CKA. This shouldn't be that hard.
          The airport is a train wreck folks (is that a contradiction in transportation terminology?).

Just went by there.

There is virtually no parking, the parking lots are nasty and spring breakers are flocking back to ICT.

Koch Arena it is.

Comment

CKA! I don't even care about UNC today; this is all about the Shox.

Comment

Not going over. Unfinished business. Not satisfied yet.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Not going over. Unfinished business. Not satisfied yet.
                I hear ya 'pin......However I offer the following: Enjoy the ride. We celebrate the accomplishment today because we enjoy the ride.

We get back to work tonight.

Go Shocks!

Comment

I'll be at CKA to welcome the studs back! They deserve our support!

Comment

We're planning on driving in. How are the main streets in Wichita?

Comment

They're running a ticker on the bottom of channel 12 right now. Brilliant.

Comment

KWCH channel 12 is scrolling on the bottom of their screen that the welcome back is at Koch Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          We're planning on driving in. How are the main streets in Wichita?
                          They will be just wet by the time you get here.

Comment

I'll be at Koch Arena. We did not go the airport last time. Last time we welcomed home the team from the NIT Championship and it was at Koch Arena and it was great.

This makes the most sense and does not impose unnessecary disruptions and difficulties on those folks legitimately travelling into and out of the airport.

Please do NOT go to the airport. We want to make as big a splash as possible at Koch Arena. Why this has not been made standard operating procedure for greeting the team is beyond me.

Meet and greet at our house!

Comment

What time should I get to CKA?

Comment

If they're getting into Mid-Continent at 3, they probably won't be to CKA until 3:20-3:30. We're going to try and be there by 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X