Reception at Koch Arena, NOT Mid-Continent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reception at Koch Arena, NOT Mid-Continent

WICHITA, Kan. -- No. 9-seeded Wichita State (28-8) will face the 13th-seeded La Salle Explorers (23-9) in the Sweet Sixteen Thursday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Wichita State will return from Salt Lake City at approximately 3 p.m., and fans are encouraged to come to Charles Koch Arena, and not Mid-Continent Airport, to welcome the team home.

As mentioned in the other thread. Who is going to the airport and who is going to Koch? Since it was at the airport last time I bet that is where most will go again. Most probably won't get the word about Koch
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Yeah, why are they being stupid about this? The airport should be the official meeting place.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
        Yeah, why are they being stupid about this? The airport should be the official meeting place.
        My ONLY thought is because they are getting back in the middle of the day and to possibly not disrupt other people trying to get to/from other flights by having a huge crowd packing the lobby. In 2006 the team got back at almost 11pm so that wasn't a problem. Just wish this could have been communicated BEFORE the game. Wouldn't be hard to just say, "Should the Shockers win, we are asking anyone wanting to meet the team to gather at Koch arena and not the airport." Don't wait until right after in a small spot on a random article......horrible communication
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So everyone list where they are going on this thread. Airport still or Koch?

Comment

Wu Shock just posted a picture on Facebook saying Airport at 3:00. What the hell athletic department?!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Wu Shock just posted a picture on Facebook saying Airport at 3:00. What the hell athletic department?!
              I say screw it and just go to the airport....

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                WuShock has always been a renegade. :)
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Airport.
                  @kellygray1 on Twitter.com Go Shox!!

Comment

Airport will be a big cluster cluck this time. Things to consider, parking is limited even at the satellite lots where you have to shuttle back and forth to the terminal. The main lot is nearly full with spring break travel, check the web cams at flywichita.org to see for yourself. Also, snow on the ground will limit walking options and mid day congestion will make things very difficult for those using the airport for travel.

But it is a public facility, so go for it if that's what you want to do!

BTW, I've had my signature since day one on this board!

Comment

The athletic department needs to be a little more vocal and get this set up !! News tickers? Social medIa? What's the plan guys?

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                        Airport will be a big cluster cluck this time. Things to consider, parking is limited even at the satellite lots where you have to shuttle back and forth to the terminal. The main lot is nearly full with spring break travel, check the web cams at flywichita.org to see for yourself. Also, snow on the ground will limit walking options and mid day congestion will make things very difficult for those using the airport for travel.

But it is a public facility, so go for it if that's what you want to do
                        BTW, I've had my signature since day one on this board!
                        This. And, anyone at the airport will definitely not be able beat their bus back to Koch or get there and park in time to share in the celebration there. I think parking at the airport will be bad and if you use the satellite lot the buses can only hold 10 or so each trip. I also wonder what the TSA people might do to to "organize" a large group of people at the concourse - you have to worry about them ruching the security line, ya know.

My hope is there will be as many people as possible at Koch and the boys will not be disappointed someone is not at the terminal if there is a good crowd at Koch.
                        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

facebook post from the official Wichita State page

Wichita State Men's Basketball
                          The Shockers are scheduled to land in Wichita around 3 PM and will arrive at Koch Arena after that. We invite fans to join us to celebrate but ask that fans DO NOT go to the airport. While we celebrate, we remember Coach Marshall's question...ARE YOU SATISFIED? #WATCHUS
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Folks, If we are going to greet our team heros home, let's meet them at our house in CKA. I'm sure there will be microphones set up for speeches that will not be available at the airport.

I'm going to CKA!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              I say screw it and just go to the airport....
                              If you do that, then you'll have to rush back to Koch arena to beat the bus back there.

Comment

Working...
                              X