Jake White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    i think hes trying to say we could have used him over this thanksgiving break
    As a grad assistant maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      As a grad assistant maybe.
      bet you rather have Jake shooting that last three over Bush..ehh?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        Way to dig this thread out of mothballs with an irrelevant post about a game no one but you watched.

Comment

Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
          I was so proud of Jake watching him play like his hair was on fire against Minnesota today. Thankful that ESPN3 had the game. He played so hard, and when he fouled out, he was unbelievable in his support from the bench. He's a team leader supreme and the hardest worker on the team as well. Wonder what his eye will look like tomorrow.
          Way to dig this thread out of mothballs with an irrelevant post about a game no one but you watched.
          Perhaps one shouldn't go around casting aspersions by making assumptions about something they know nothing about. Yes, I'm proud to know this very fine Shocker fan/poster and background as to his post.

Originally posted by choida View Post
          i think hes trying to say we could have used him over this thanksgiving break
          That is not why he made the post, but the last part of your second post is very true and everyone should remember that. Not everyone has ulterior motives to their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Perhaps one shouldn't go around casting aspersions by making assumptions about something they know nothing about. Yes, I'm proud to know this very fine Shocker fan/poster and background as to his post.

That is not why he made the post, but the last part of your second post is very true and everyone should remember that. Not everyone has ulterior motives to their posts.
            The last part of his second post is that Jake would have been better shooting that 3 than Bush. No kidding? Reggie Miller, Larry Bird, or Cle Early would have been better. None of the above are on our current team. To cherry pick a situation and say "player x" could have helped us is pointless. Kenny Manigault might be a fine option at guard rigt now, but totally irrelevant to our situation. We have one big man scarily injured and one with headupassitis. And then to chose today to bring up Jake ****ing White, who may be a great kid, is irrelevant and shitty. Those who don't like my post can remove my post Thanksgiving dingleberries with your teeth.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

The last part of his second post is that Jake would have been better shooting that 3 than Bush. No kidding? Reggie Miller, Larry Bird, or Cle Early would have been better. None of the above are on our current team. To cherry pick a situation and say "player x" could have helped us is pointless. Kenny Manigault might be a fine option at guard rigt now, but totally irrelevant to our situation. We have one big man scarily injured and one with headupassitis. And then to chose today to bring up Jake ****ing White, who may be a great kid, is irrelevant and shitty. Those who don't like my post can remove my post Thanksgiving dingleberries with your teeth.
              Quit being a douche bag, pull your head out of your ass and lay off the holiday cheer.

I don't yearn for Jake, I don't wish for him to be on this team. I thought he was a fine young man and I'm glad to hear he's having some success. Good for him and UNO.

If you don't like Jake, stay off this thread and STFU.

Comment

BOBB - you are ridiculous. This poster has been updating us on White since he transferred. This has nothing to do with today's game.

Comment

Just what did my post and quotes have anything to do with most of that blathering? If you're talking about @choida:'s posts, it was his third post that referenced Bush, not the second which I quoted. At least you're 2 for 2 for "soaked to the gills" type posts.

Comment

Jake will always be a part of our Final Four team. Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker.

I enjoy hearing about former players. Even if they don't "finish" the degree at WSU.

Comment

I also like hearing about Jake!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I appreciate hearing about Jake. I still consider him part of this family and wish him well till he graduates. I follow his stats on my own as well.

I also care about the careers of Paul Miller, Garrett Stutz, Tekele Cotton, Toure Murry, Nick Wiggins, David Kyles, JT Durley, Joe Ragland, Ehimen Orukpe, Carl Hall and the list goes on.

I don't think I follow the line of thinking that says these people are irrelevant or that any posts about them are irrelevant now that they are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          BOBB - you are ridiculous. This poster has been updating us on White since he transferred. This has nothing to do with today's game.
                          Nice try, but this is a two year old thread.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Response to BOBB

You know BOBB, when I log into Shockernet, l tend to go through the thread titles to see what I am interested in. If I'm interested, I open the thread and read it. If not, l move on. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

I never open a thread to express my displeasure that another poster has posted something that I'm not interested in.

I consider it sad that a few posters (you especially) choose to consider themselves so important that they should determine what others should be interested in.

I should warn you that I do care about ex Shockers, including Jake White. I fully expect to find a time when I can make a trip to Omaha this year that does not interfere with a Shocker game. I will enjoy watching Jake play and will likely go out for a meal with Jake, his family and his girlfriend after the game. Then, I will likely post something about Jake and the game.

If it offends you that I still care about former Shockers, I might suggest that you simply not bother to read my posts. There are other posters who do like to hear about our former players and I really do not care if you hate my posts. Until I am told by somebody who counts that I am doing something wrong, I will continue.

I have cared about Shocker players since the days of the likes of Lanny Van Eman, Ron Heller and others and do not accept the fact that you can tell me what or what not to post.

I really enjoyed Jake's 23 point game against Minnesota today. Even more, I loved the "hair on fire" effort and leadership he displayed. If it means nothing to you, that's fine.

Comment

Response to BOBB

You know BOBB, when I log into Shockernet, l tend to go through the thread titles to see what I am interested in. If I'm interested, I open the thread and read it. If not, l move on. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

I never open a thread to express my displeasure that another poster has posted something that I'm not interested in.

I consider it sad that a few posters (you especially) choose to consider themselves so important that they should determine what others should be interested in.

I should warn you that I do care about ex Shockers, including Jake White. I fully expect to find a time when I can make a trip to Omaha this year that does not interfere with a Shocker game. I will enjoy watching Jake play and will likely go out for a meal with Jake, his family and his girlfriend after the game. Then, I will likely post something about Jake and the game.

If it offends you that I still care about former Shockers, I might suggest that you simply not bother to read my posts. There are other posters who do like to hear about our former players and I really do not care if you hate my posts. Until I am told by somebody who counts that I am doing something wrong, I will continue.

I have cared about Shocker players since the days of the likes of Lanny Van Eman, Ron Heller and others and do not accept the fact that you can tell me what or what not to post.

I really enjoyed Jake's 23 point game against Minnesota today. Even more, I loved the "hair on fire" effort and leadership he displayed. If it means nothing to you, that's fine.

Comment

Don't know how the post appeared twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X