Who would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you choose?

If you had to pick one of the following to replace a departing member, which one would you choose?
    Arlington
    3.51%
    Belmont
    24.56%
    Denver
    10.53%
    Green Bay
    0.00%
    Little Rock
    0.00%
    Loyola
    0.00%
    Milwaukee
    0.00%
    Murray State
    29.82%
    North Dakota State
    1.75%
    Omaha
    0.00%
    South Dakota State
    5.26%
    UIC
    0.00%
    UMKC
    0.00%
    Valpo
    10.53%
    Wright State
    0.00%
    Other - List
    14.04%
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Other- Detroit
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Out of all the votes, The three that I would have chosen have been mentioned. Belmont, then Murray St., then Detroit would be my picks in that order.

Comment

I like Belmont basketball history of late, but there attendance number do worry me
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Attendance will be an issue with most. Here are the numbers from last year. There are only three over 4k

Arlington - 2131
          Belmont - 2012
          Denver - 5460
          Detroit - 2272
          Green Bay - 3064
          Little Rock - 3222
          Loyola - 2277
          Milwaukee - 4154
          Murray State - 6144
          NDSU - 3156
          Omaha - 897
          SDSU - 3320
          UIC - 2934
          UMKC - 1308
          Valpo - 3383
          Wright State - 3903
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Has to be Murray. They have a great basketball history with a lot of wins and NCAA tournament bids. Murray is easily the best program on that list. And we already go to Indiana, so why not go to Kentuk while we're at it.
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I agree that a very strong case can be made for Murray. I didn't realize their attendance was as respectable as it is either.

I will say that I could probably argue the case of 5 different schools for different reasons. I could definitely understand if we only go to 10, taking the program that's proven itself. If we move to 12, I could see looking at potential. Although, even going to 10, I could see where it may be beneficial to look at potential as well as results. I suppose it depends how you want to attack things.

I admit some of the names on the list will never get in, but I've seen them mentioned is one article or another so I threw them on there.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Where's the none of the above button?

Comment

It might be better to stay at nine. I know it creates some scheduling problems, but maybe that is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                    Where's the none of the above button?
                    Not an option. The question states "if you HAD to choose one". :D

And staying at 9 isn't a good option for the MVC. There are schools that are good/solid adds to the MVC and could be upper half teams. And the MVC can't get caught with their pants down if someone else get the opportunity to bolt in the near future.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sorry, Sub, but none of those are "good" additions. Some are less worse than others. And please don't say that they will be better than Drake or Evansville. That isn't exactly a high bar.

Comment

I think you stay away from knee jerk reaction of feeling you have to do something now - unless the MVC is approached by a no-brainer. Depending how the BE falls out, there could be some better options available.

Comment

I picked Belmont, but Murray State got 49.9% of my vote...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            Sorry, Sub, but none of those are "good" additions. Some are less worse than others. And please don't say that they will be better than Drake or Evansville. That isn't exactly a high bar.
                            Any team that could finish in the upper half would be a good add. There are no great adds that could immediately be the top 1 or 2 teams easily.

The schools that I consider in my head would immediately be competitive or better than everyone but us. And that's what we have to be looking for. Not just schools that could be competitive at the bottom. Schools that can push the upper teams. Are you telling me you don't see any schools on this list that could finish top 3 or 4 on any given year?
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

On a given year? Sure. Drake won the conference a few years ago.

Take a look at more data the Suellentrop gathered and tell me there is a good addition in the group. Look at the five-year RPIs.

Comment

Working...
                              X