Other tournaments thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Next year, they'll be bring back Golden, McRae, Maymon, Stokes, and Hubbs. They should be a top 25 team and very, very strong opponent we'll be facing at IBA. Is our non-con going to be good or what?
    They will be very good next and very difficult for anyone to beat. But so will we. I'm looking forward to a battle!
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Who cares about the Not Invited Tournament and other tournaments for losers?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
        We sure did a couple of years ago.

Comment

They're called basketball fans... and in today's world of College Basketball, almost any team can land there. A few years ago our team was congratulated for winning the NIT and being the 69th best team in the country. That same year KU was beaten by the 68th best team, VCU.

A lot of teams, especially the non-BCS teams end up in the NIT simply because the BCS teams won't play them, then ask "who did you play to deserve an NCAA bid?" In fact one NIT this year (I don't recall which one) had a perfect 16-0 record in their conference but lost one game in their post season tournament. Were they a loser?

If you don't care, don't read this thread.... pretty simple...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Dofo? This has to be one of the most worthless posts in a long, long time. These Johnny Come Lately posters/fans are appreciated but forgetting where we've been is egregious.

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That member's eight post history is mostly devoid of intelligent thought.

Regarding Tennessee, they will be super next year, and the game @ Intrust will be a special atmosphere, but how about we make a statement today?

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                That member's eight post history is mostly devoid of intelligent thought.

Regarding Tennessee, they will be super next year, and the game @ Intrust will be a special atmosphere, but how about we make a statement today?

Go Shocks!
                That's what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Air Force

I was at the Air Force/Shocker game and was so impressed with their team, play, and tradition.
                  they had to go to Hawaii last night as a 2 pt. underdog and won by 2.
                  Good for them. Many of their seniors will be in flight school by June 1st and it shows their great character in still getting up for these second (or, third) tier tourney games.

Now, for us - "Off we go . . ."
                  If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                    I was at the Air Force/Shocker game and was so impressed with their team, play, and tradition.
                    they had to go to Hawaii last night as a 2 pt. underdog and won by 2.
                    Good for them. Many of their seniors will be in flight school by June 1st and it shows their great character in still getting up for these second (or, third) tier tourney games.

Now, for us - "Off we go . . ."
                    How could anyone not cheer for those guys? Obviously no blue chippers, but they make up for it with being one of the most disciplined and hard working teams there is. AFA is a program that you just have to respect, regardless of what they do record wise.

Comment

And, can you imagine what their oxygen uptake is at sea level after coming from the Springs - man, that must be unbelievable.
                      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        NIT - Iowa smacking the Sycamores by 14 with 3:30 to go.
                        Oh come on now Royal. Didn't you here the announcers. With respect to Wichita State and Creighton University, Indiana State was just not used to playing in a BIG-10 atmosphere like Iowa.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

This may have fallen through the cracks because we were busy beating one of the best teams in the nation yesterday, but:

Evansville won
                          UNI won
                          Bradley won

Get this...
                          Evansville plays canisius (I think) Monday or Tuesday and....

Bradley plays UNI. Haha oh well. I think I'll be watching that

Comment

Haha I gather that no one cares. Well I thought it was cool.

Oh well. I like how we have a complaint thread about no one supporting us from other valley schools up top :)

Comment

There's another tourney? ....

I had forgot. Lol

Comment

Southern Miss and Iowa are making our schedule look even better.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X