No announcement yet.

Arch Madness Semi-Finals: Dirty Birds vs. Shockers Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about attacking early in a possession once in awhile?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Read post 141.
      Yes...saw that after I posted my reply. Something about great minds... Yours was much more diplomatic, however.
      Go Shocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
        It's surprising to me that none of our players have played against a zone before in their entire basketball careers.
        You have to start to wonder if it's been coached out of them.

We all see the need to attack the zone but they don't. I have to assume that the coaching staff fears a turnover if we attack the zone, and are content playing keep-a-way.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• This must be how we are going to roll. Gotta have the drama after the huge lead? Their zone seemed like the best thing since sliced bread? Not really. We just went as cold as ice and quit making shots. Part of that was their zone, but we had times we had the wrong players taking the wrong shots after waiting much to long on many possessions to even get off a not so decent shot. We might have to play more zone as well so we don't keep fouling so much. I like our chances and thank goodness FVV hit a shot at the end of the half. Let's beat them thrice.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Id like to see either FVV or baker in the game at all times, and I really like to see them both together

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

We all see the need to attack the zone but they don't. I have to assume that the coaching staff fears a turnover if we attack the zone, and are content playing keep-a-way.
              Do we have anyone that can attack the zone without dribbling the ball off their foot?

Comment

• Deer caught in the headlights look again.

Really kinda pathetic. Twice burned.

Here is my recipe. Stop fouling. Stop turning the ball over. Go from there.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  Still up over a team with little depth, who played a tough game last night, while we have the deepest team in the conference and rested well in yesterday's game.

Game shouldn't be anywhere near this close with as much as we dominated the first half, but IllSt likely won't have as much help from the referees trying to keep the game interesting with this massive FT difference. We're still a better team and we're still in a good position.
                  How come every time we foul it seems to result in FTs, but we only get FTs when we are in the bonus?

Guys if you are going to foul - foul before the shot.

Comment

• I wish I could say I was pissed, but this has been so predictable for so long. Not knocking Carl Hall. I love the guy. But it seems like he came back from an injury, had two monster games, then suddenly the Valley had him and the whole team figured out. What I don't understand is how we won all those games without him, and haven't tried to keep that in our game plan.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Quite a meltdown going on on shockernet, oh wait that's us :).
                      We can't be afraid to shoot.
                      We keep looking for a better shot until the clock runs down.
                      If we get a decent shot around 20 sec we need to take it...without hesitation.
                      ...and crash the boards.
                      Carmichael should have had another 1 or 2 offensive fouls, seems to me he is gettting favorable calls...but he is attacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

Well, the Shocks have demonstrated all year they have a plethora of skilled passers, particularly making entry passes ;)....so...you are probably right
                        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• I know something that works against the zone. Shoot 'em out of it.

Oh wait....

d
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            I wish I could say I was pissed, but this has been so predictable for so long. Not knocking Carl Hall. I love the guy. But it seems like he came back from an injury, had two monster games, then suddenly the Valley had him and the whole team figured out. What I don't understand is how we won all those games without him, and haven't tried to keep that in our game plan.
                            Nah, Carl is fine, he doesn't get the ball enough down low and I blame the PG for that. Carl still outrebounds whoever is he guarding usually by huge margins. And generally outscores them too

Comment

• Ultimately it falls on the coach but I think our hard headed guards know what they are supposed to do but refuse to execute.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                I wish I could say I was pissed, but this has been so predictable for so long. Not knocking Carl Hall. I love the guy. But it seems like he came back from an injury, had two monster games, then suddenly the Valley had him and the whole team figured out. What I don't understand is how we won all those games without him, and haven't tried to keep that in our game plan.
                                Here's how to beat the Shox:

Double team Hall and play zone on everyone else to make them heave 3's because they don't want to drive into the paint. Oh, and don't guard Orukpe because he can't shoot outside 3 feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X