We're in the post season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're in the post season

No matter what happens we're in the post season. Reason to celebrate in my opinion. I can still smell the stench of the lean years. We are in a much much better place now. I am thoroughly enjoying this season and plan on enjoying it even more for a few more weeks. Our postseason ticket has been punched!

Maybe it's the flu bug kicking my ass this weekend....but I don't see how we get an At-Large unless we make it to the Championship MVC game and lose ONLY to Creighton. And truthfully I'm not even sure that would save us. C'mon Ibuprofen!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      Maybe it's the flu bug kicking my ass this weekend....but I don't see how we get an At-Large unless we make it to the Championship MVC game and lose ONLY to Creighton. And truthfully I'm not even sure that would save us. C'mon Ibuprofen!!!!
      Our resident optimist with this dire opinion. Yes sir, I'm blaming it on the flu bug. Hope you get over that thing soon, pal. Things are not THAT bleak.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You definitely are sick.

Comment

Look up on your browser's address bar and make sure it doesn't say northerniowa.edu. Maybe you just have the wrong website?

:)
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No, you're thinking seems fine. Our underwhelming 5 and 5 finish to the regular season gives room for pause.

Comment

We're dancing no matter what. Sadly, a month ago we were looking at a possible 4 seed and now we're looking at anything from 8 to 11 depending on how STL goes.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I feel better today and.... "I can see clearly now...the rain is gone." !!!
                Thanks fellas for cheering me up!!! GO SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I think we need to win Friday but that would likely be enough. I just don't see us getting in with a three-game losing streak to close the season.

Though I would happily bet on the Shockers getting in should we lose in the semis, I will still be nervous come selection Sunday.

Lose Sunday and I think we get in no matter what, whether against CU or not.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

If fear to even think about a Friday loss, just on it's face value. That would be just disasterous.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Let's look at it this way folks, yes it would be great to get to the NCAA tournament again (and I think we will), but no matter what, we know the Shocks are going to either the NCAA or NIT. This consistent stretch of postseason action makes it seem like years and years since the Randy Smithson days when we were absoultely terrible. Now granted, I'm in the minority when I say an NIT championship is better than a one and done in the NCAA tournament.. but that's just my opinion. I'm just happy to see the guys in a postseason tournament, no matter what one it is

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                        Now granted, I'm in the minority when I say an NIT championship is better than a one and done in the NCAA tournament.. but that's just my opinion.
                        BIG time minority.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                        X