Contest Standings/Post Season Contest Seedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Standings/Post Season Contest Seedings

The standings are now final. Congrats to Kung Wu, and thank you for thinking of me. SHOXMVC wins a $25 gift card from Chipolte Mexican Grill complements of @GoShockers89:. SHOXMVC you can pm GoShockers89 and let him know how to send you the prize. The 3rd place prize of a $15 Starbucks Coffee gift card will be determined by who does the best in the post season contest between vancedave56, ShockerFever and eeshocker.

#1 Seed:
    Kung Wu (8) 137

#2 Seed:
    SHOXMVC ( 7) 135

#3 Seeds:
    vancedave56 (4) 132
    ShockerFever (6) 132
    eeshocker (6) 132s

#4 Seeds:
    EliShocker (6) 131
    Tropicalshox (5) 131
    Valleyclimber (9) 131
    Zardoz (6) 131

#5 Seeds:
    shock-it-to-me (6) 130
    moshock (4) 130

#6 Seeds:
    SoulStar (3) 129
    im4wsu (8) 129
    SumShocker (4) 129

#7 Seeds:
    RussDaBus (6) 128
    B1ShockerFan (6) 128
    newshock1234 (6) 128

#8 Seed:
    Ta Town Shocker (0) 126
    benishock (6) 126

#9 Seeds:
    jdshock (4) 125
    Jaminshock (2) 125
    shocks771 (5) 125
    WINGdingBALLfling (4) 125
    1972Shocker (3) 125

#10 Seeds:
    SubGod22 (2) 124
    SHOXJOCK (4) 124

#7 THROUGH #10 SEEDS WILL HAVE A THURSDAY GAME. THE THREAD FOR YOUR PICK WILL BE POSTED ON TUESDAY.

Here are the rules for the Post Season Contest:

You are assigned to games according to the tournament seeding. For example Creighton is the 1st seed in the tournament and if you had the highest score in the regular season contest, you will be assigned to Creighton's first game. Contestants with a 7th through 10th seed will have to play on Thursday night! Besides predicting the winner, you must also predict the score. The winner will be determined by (1) the point spread and if needed by (2) having the closest actual score. If nobody picks the correct winning team, the contestant with the lowest point spread for the losing team will be declared the winner. The winner will advance to the next round.

Since we can't have ties, you cannot predict a score that has already been used. Therefore there could be an advantage to posting early. Of course it could turn out to be a disadvantage if something like a late injury report happens.

We have one prize for the post season tournament contest. The winner will receive a picture of this year's Shocker team signed by Gregg Marshall.

Failing to qualify, better luck next year:

ShockerDave (4) 123
    rrshock (6) 123
    ShockerPrez (3) 123
    SBShock (7) 123
    shocker22 (4) 122
    proshox (4) 122
    MadaboutWu (3) 121
    Jelloshock (2) 121
    shockerofandoverfan0943 (2) 119
    shox1989 (118)
    ShockTalk (DNP) 118
    shox10 (6) 114
    WSU and Reds Fan (4) 111
    insaneyhkaney (2) 110
    BAShocker (DNP) 110
    shocktheheart (DNP 108
    ccrunner (DNP) 101
    btp1029 (DNP) 92
    WuShockReaper (DNP) 90
    shock (DNP) 85
    pogo (DNP) 85
    McShocker (DNP) 83
    pie n eye (DNP) 81
    GOSHOX1 (DNP) 81
    ShoxFan45 (DNP) 80
    The Mad Hatter (DNP) 77
    ShockerFan87 (DNP) 75
    Downtown Shocker Brown (2) 75
    AJShock (DNP) 73
    wuhog (DNP) 70
    Rocky Mountain Shock (DNP) 67
    shockakhan (DNP) 57
    Ricardo del Rio (DNP) 56
    InTheMiddleOfThePraire (DNP) 41
    Rep4Christ (DNP) 15
    Last edited by tropicalshox; March 4, 2013, 11:24 PM.
    In the fast lane

Thanks a million @tropicalshox:. Good game everybody.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Assuming I am still #1 seed come Monday I want you, @tropicalshox:, to have the $50 Outback Steakhouse gift certificate for running this fun contest. It's gotta be a lot of work and you deserve it as much as anybody!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Did I qualify for the NIT? :) Good job everyone (except me) :)
        "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Assuming I am still #1 seed come Monday I want you, @tropicalshox:, to have the $50 Outback Steakhouse gift certificate for running this fun contest. It's gotta be a lot of work and you deserve it as much as anybody!
          You are smoother than a freshly laid cow patty in the early dawn of the hot Texas sun.

By the way, thanks to Trop. Not only for commishing this endeavor, but being at the top of the "quality SN member" list. Putting up with knuckle heads like me and always taking the high road shows just who you are (insert me patting you on the back)!!!

Comment

Trop----I think I had 6 points instead of 4. I picked Creighton, Evansville and UNI for 2 points each.

Comment

Assuming I am still #1 seed come Monday I want you, @tropicalshox, to have the $50 Outback Steakhouse gift certificate for running this fun contest. It's gotta be a lot of work and you deserve it as much as anybody!
              Yes, thanks very much @tropicalshox:. Congrats to @KungWu and thanks for the classy move. :applause:

Comment

@tropicalshox: I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is apparently full. I seem to be missing from the final standings. I believe I finished with 125 points and would be a 9 seed.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  You are smoother than a freshly laid cow patty in the early dawn of the hot Texas sun.

By the way, thanks to Trop. Not only for commishing this endeavor, but being at the top of the "quality SN member" list. Putting up with knuckle heads like me and always taking the high road shows just who you are (insert me patting you on the back)!!!
                  Ewwwwwww. Nice cow patty reference.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ewwwwwww. Nice cow patty reference.
                    I had a good teacher...hee, hee.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      @tropicalshox: I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is apparently full. I seem to be missing from the final standings. I believe I finished with 125 points and would be a 9 seed.

Thanks.
                      Corrected.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by benishock View Post
                        Trop----I think I had 6 points instead of 4. I picked Creighton, Evansville and UNI for 2 points each.
                        Corrected.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Wow, I didn't even make the did not qualify list.

No need to add mine up @tropicalshox:. I went SIU and brought up the rear.

Thanks for hosting the contest.......
                          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Thanks to Tropicalshox for your hard work on this. I enjoy participating each year!

Comment

Thanks trop and those donating the prizes. Always a fun time every year.

I'm stunned I finished Top 3. Absolutely stunned.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X