Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCGM thinks Creighton should stay on the schedule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM thinks Creighton should stay on the schedule...

I dunno. I kind of feel like if they leave the MVC, they're dead to me. Marshall disagrees...

You wouldnt play them even if it improved your RPI ?

Comment

We should leave the MVC at our first opportunity so I don't get being mad at Creighton for leaving.

A home-and-home would help the schedule and be a game I would look forward to every year.

Comment

I agree with Coach.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by PC_Shox View Post
          I dunno. I kind of feel like if they leave the MVC, they're dead to me. Marshall disagrees...

http://www.kwch.com/sports/kwch-spor...,5773381.story
          Right... Don't play a regional team that will be in a top 6 league because they bettered their league situation. I hope you don't make personal decisions based on emotions too.

They would be like having Tulsa on the schedule, except even better RPI. Hope they play CU in all sports.

Comment

After reading the comment by McD I do wonder if they will play WSU.

Comment

I'm all in for an even up home and away series but why does something tell me they'll end up big-timing us like other area BCS schools demanding 2-1 deal. In which case I'd tell them to go effthemselves.

Comment

Sure, let's play Creighton. However, my gut feeling has been all along that if they leave the MVC, they will avoid us, just as KU and K-State does. Why? 3G is 4-2 now versus the McDermotts. Overall though in this series, Creighton leads us. Even so, they might so choose to find easier foes that will not be so difficult to beat at least in the short term IMO. Recently, when asked about KU and K-State not playing us, 3G said something like "If I were them, I would not want to play us either." Creighton could very well take the high road as well, at least in the short term.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hell yes i want us to play our rival

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Sure, let's play Creighton. However, my gut feeling has been all along that if they leave the MVC, they will avoid us, just as KU and K-State does. Why? 3G is 4-2 now versus the McDermotts. Overall though in this series, Creighton leads us. Even so, they might so choose to find easier foes that will not be so difficult to beat at least in the short term IMO. Recently, when asked about KU and K-State not playing us, 3G said something like "If I were them, I would not want to play us either." Creighton could very well take the high road as well, at least in the short term.
                    Might happen from time to time, but Mc would be crazy to schedule us.

Comment

What was McD quote? Yes we should play them. Maybe in KC every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                        After reading the comment by McD I do wonder if they will play WSU.
                        Maybe, but I really think it had more to do with being uncomfortable about the whole Big East topic all together. I suspect he's been instructed by no less than the president of the university to avoid commenting on that.

Comment

We should and probably will continue to play. The two biggest crowds Creighton has ever had were against WSU.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

On our side it'll likely come down to specifics.

In the Valley you try to maximize every non-conference game you can. I don't know if that'll be our approach to the C7. We might get an extra buy-in game or two, with an early season tourney thrown in. That'll leave maybe a couple games for home-and-away serieses. It's going to come down to what our options are. We will be in the c7 (assuming that's the path taken), but will we suddenly become a 'big' conference team or will there still be some residual mid-major stigma when it comes to scheduling?

If we could get home-and-homes with other regional top-25 type teams like, say, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, et al, then I think we might go that route. If they're still resistant to scheduling on equal footing, then I can see a WSU/CU series happening.

Comment

I'm sad to see CU leave the Valley as it will significantly weaken it, and I hope we can find a better conference soon.

But BCS arrogance from fans who have spent 24 hours as a future member of a new conference is pretty near insufferable.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X