Pre Tournament To Do List.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Tournament To Do List.

1) 3G must admit that FVV must get more minutes and stop playing a favorite that creates too many negatives.
    2) Both CE and NW must get more touches. Run plays designed specifically for them.
    3) Must drive to the basket for higher % points or get fouled.
    4) FT shooting % must increase even if it means conducting whole practices on shooting them.
    5) Occasionally use man to man full court press, we have the athletes. We do not get any turnovers off the zone press.

Thanks, its off my chest, now I'll hang up and listen.

All we have to do is win 9 games in a row. We've done that before, right?

Comment

what is up with Lufile? I thought during our 5 games run (at least past of it) he was playing pretty effectively. He hasn't sniffed the court in 3 games. That dude needs to step up if he wants to wear the black and gold.

Comment

we do play M/M full court more than we play zone (almost all the time). It becomes one on one in the back court when our pt. guard picks them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          what is up with Lufile? I thought during our 5 games run (at least past of it) he was playing pretty effectively. He hasn't sniffed the court in 3 games. That dude needs to step up if he wants to wear the black and gold.
          Could be because White has been playing good minutes and played good again today. Hey maybe he deserves an
          Apology from CB. :). Nah, won't happen.

Comment

Get Ron Baker back.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

The main thing is to get our heads right and our legs rested. 3 games (hopefully) in 3 days. Use our depth to wear teams down.

Comment

I ESPECIALLY agree with your 1).

Comment

1. Learn how to play defense.

WSU held Creighton to 70% shooting from the field.

Comment

31 games into the season and still have issues. If we haven't figured it out by now, it ain't gonna happen later. Our postseason success is going to rely on luck, the team getting hot from the field and our opponent helping us out with some mistakes. Otherwise we just aren't going to out talent anyone. Blue collar all the way.

Comment

The #1 thing the Shocks need to do is FIX THE DEFENSE!!!.

This team has given up 57.1% and 52.4% 3pt% the last two games.
                      This team has given up an average of 75 pts per game the last two games.
                      This team wins with their defense, which for 3 of the last 4 halves has SUCKED!!!!

Comment

We also need to play at our speed, not the other team's. We played at our speed against Detroit because they played at our speed. And that was some beautiful basketball to watch. (Although our Defense still wasn't that great...)

Also, wasn't our FT shooting actually pretty good today?

Comment

#1. Get pist off and stay pist off until further notice!

Comment

Shockers will come in with perspective. With 3G at the helm versus the McDermotts, he is 4-2. They had their best game all Season and did not beat us by 21 as we did them last Season. Considering we lost 4 starters from last Season and a key scorer, we still did better than most people said preseason. Next, who misses 4-5 key players and does this good? Kentucky? Naaa, Tennessee pounded them. Now who also loses this many starters and then 3 starters this Season out with injuries for 7 games at least, and does this well? Kentucky? NAAA!!! Name one please? Wichita State.

Now as far as the Lew. Give us S. illinois, Evansville, and Creighton in that order. I want to thump all three of them and overcome match-ups that hurt us some. Even so, think back to the teams we beat at the NIT to win it all. Most of them were as good or better than what we will face at the Lew? Dunno but it seems like it. My point is, running this table is very possible if we start peaking now, when it really counts the most.

Now for the to do list.

1. Why can't we get the ball inside to Hall? We have to. Today he was solid at making mid-range shots but he is unstoppable 'in this here Valley' much closer inside. Get it to him and quit forcing it in trying to do so.

2. Cle--no silly fouls. We need you on the floor, not on the pine. If they want to start EO, let him get the tip and get Cle in there faster please and for longer. We need offense and Cle also plays solid D. if he picks and chooses his fouling better.

3. We may have to slightly shorten our bench. This is who I would like to see get the most minutes. Hall, Cle, Cotton, D-Will, Armstead, Wiggy, and FVV ( and I hope Baker). From there, I would like to see EO and White when the needs arise followed by Chadrack. Yes, White did better today with his 9 points and EO may be needed for the D. on some situations.

4. We still need to establish our inside to open up the outside more. Today we were getting more scoring from Cotton which was nice, very nice. Teams want him and White shooting it. Today they did so, and were making their fair share.

In conclusion, it was refreshing hearing 3G not giving up at all on our beloved Shocks. We are far from done and he makes a great living out of winning basketball games. We will trust his abilities to prepare and motivate these Shocks in March, when games count the very most. Yes Shocks, we all want you (us) to Dance!!!
                            Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 2, 2013, 05:21 PM.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

~totally tongue in cheek~

Feed them raw meat, make them sleep in cages, while people dressed as blue birds, red birds, pimps, trees, and two different ugly dogs poke them with sticks thru the bars all night long.

Comment

Working...
                              X