Which Conference Should WSU Join?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    I still believe in regional conferences...the MVC was in a midwestern region that was a good fit for WSU. I know there were some drawbacks but WSU had a 70 year history with the conference. Not so comfortable with a Southern big city conference. Plus WSU was in a good place competitively in the conference, a bit like Gonzaga is in the WCC. MWC would be nice but would they take a non football school?
    Yeah they would take KU!

Comment

I was for the AAC over the mwc for two reasons. MWC is more football driven and sports coverage on mwc nationally doesn't happen because the games are finished too late to make the Sunday sports page in the East and Mid West.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I was for the AAC over the mwc for two reasons. MWC is more football driven and sports coverage on mwc nationally doesn't happen because the games are finished too late to make the Sunday sports page in the East and Mid West.
        What's a Sunday sports page?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I would have missed too many games with the bedtime tip-offs.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
            Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
            I still believe in regional conferences...the MVC was in a midwestern region that was a good fit for WSU. I know there were some drawbacks but WSU had a 70 year history with the conference. Not so comfortable with a Southern big city conference. Plus WSU was in a good place competitively in the conference, a bit like Gonzaga is in the WCC. MWC would be nice but would they take a non football school?

Yeah they would take KU!

Comment

Aren’t we tied with Drake for MVC tenure?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Aren’t we tied with Drake for MVC tenure?
                I believe that Drake has more total years, but not (yet) more consecutive years.

Looked it up:

There was a period in the 50's where Drake and Bradley did not play in the Valley (may not have played at all, I don't know).

WSU played from 1945-2017.
                Last edited by ShockTalk; April 2, 2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                  Love our conference. If we do get a replacement for UCONN I’d love to see a VCU or Dayton. I’m sure they will be Selective
                  If you're talking about "selective" with respect to relative MBB strength of the replacement, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Higher chance than not the UCONN replacement will be some G5 with a FB program that has signs of growth potential, but a MBB program that might not even be competitive in the MVC. I'm not holding out hope for a hybrid replacement, like we are a part of in AAC membership.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

If you're talking about "selective" with respect to relative MBB strength of the replacement, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Higher chance than not the UCONN replacement will be some G5 with a FB program that has signs of growth potential, but a MBB program that might not even be competitive in the MVC. I'm not holding out hope for a hybrid replacement, like we are a part of in AAC membership.
                    We're definitely an 'outsider' in the AAC and I wish they would add Dayton and VCU; both would be good fits and would strengthen AAC men's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Buffalo has had pretty decent success in Football and Basketball lately.

That wouldn't be the worst addition to have.
                      The Assman

Comment

Conference schmonference. If we don't recruit/replace well and our current players don't develop, we won't be a middling MVC quality team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          That's fair. I see pros and cons of being in both.

The biggest two pros I see for the BE:
                          - Basketball is most important sport
                          - No one is going to be a potential P5 jumper

That's why I ask
                          this ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                            Conference schmonference. If we don't recruit/replace well and our current players don't develop, we won't be a middling MVC quality team.
                            We've read a lot of bullshit from you through the years, but you might have outdone yourself this time...

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Buffalo has had pretty decent success in Football and Basketball lately.

That wouldn't be the worst addition to have.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X