No announcement yet.

Which Conference Should WSU Join?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is only a short matter of time before UCF and USF join the top ranks of the American in BB. There is just too much potential and growth in those two schools.to keep them down.

The thing to be concerned about is the AAC losing one or both of them whenever a Big 5 conference decides they want to expand.

Comment

If WSU had got invited to join the Big East along with UConn, would you take it?

Why or why not.
      The Assman

Comment

Big East would have been nice option in terms of basketball schools that are competitive year to year... But AAC is nice in terms of location and what ever our president said about it when we moved

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Man, I’d LOVE to lure Louisville back to the American.

A pipe dream though, I am afraid.
          I am not a mathematician but this will 1000% never happen. "Pipe dream" is inadequate.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

I am not a mathematician but this will 1000% never happen. "Pipe dream" is inadequate.
            The Assman

Comment

If WSU had got invited to join the Big East along with UConn, would you take it?

Why or why not.
              Please clarify the question. Are you saying HAD like as in before the AAC offer or now?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Please clarify the question. Are you saying HAD like as in before the AAC offer or now?
                When UConn said "yes" this past year.
                The Assman

Comment

When UConn said "yes" this past year.
                  Absolutely no way! I like the trajectory of the AAC more and I feel like top to bottom it is a better conference. I also feel that Wichita State as a University is a better fit with the AAC. More schools that fit the same profile.

Comment

That's fair. I see pros and cons of being in both.

The biggest two pros I see for the BE:
                    - Basketball is most important sport
                    - No one is going to be a potential P5 jumper

That's why I ask
                    The Assman

Comment

Its a good question.

Big East would likely bring long term stability to the basketball program which is what pays the bills and it has been a stronger conference in basketball.

On the other hand, the travel, rivalries and similar school profiles are better in the AAC. It is much better for baseball and track & field also.

If the AAC is going to stay together in its present or similar form, I would prefer to be in this conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                        Its a good question.

Big East would likely bring long term stability to the basketball program which is what pays the bills and it has been a stronger conference in basketball.

On the other hand, the travel, rivalries and similar school profiles are better in the AAC. It is much better for baseball and track & field also.

If the AAC is going to stay together in its present or similar form, I would prefer to be in this conference.
                        That's why I think the AAC needs to be aggressive and and a BSU or BYU. (Maybe look at going to 14 or 16 schools)

Show they are serious about being a P6
                        The Assman

Comment

I still believe in regional conferences...the MVC was in a midwestern region that was a good fit for WSU. I know there were some drawbacks but WSU had a 70 year history with the conference. Not so comfortable with a Southern big city conference. Plus WSU was in a good place competitively in the conference, a bit like Gonzaga is in the WCC. MWC would be nice but would they take a non football school?

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                            I still believe in regional conferences...the MVC was in a midwestern region that was a good fit for WSU. I know there were some drawbacks but WSU had a 70 year history with the conference. Not so comfortable with a Southern big city conference. Plus WSU was in a good place competitively in the conference, a bit like Gonzaga is in the WCC. MWC would be nice but would they take a non football school?
                            Yes, KU fans liked WSU in the MVC. It was a cute little conference and the teams in it clearly knew what was expected from teams "at that level"

The MWC is a terrible fit if for no other reason the two time zones it goes west.
                            The AAC is good fit with several teams that WSU has many many years of history with.
                            Last edited by Topshock; April 1, 2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                              Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Yes, KU fans liked WSU in the MVC. It was a cute little conference and the teams in it clearly knew what was expected from teams "at that level"

The MWC is a terrible fit if for no other reason the two time zones it goes west.
                              The AAC is good fit with several teams that WSU has many many years of history with.
                              I believe that WSU still holds the longest uninterrupted tenure for the MVC. When the MVC was known as the Valley of Death, some of WSU's conference mates were Cincy, Tulsa, Houston, and Memphis. This was when the Valley was a relevant conference. We have rejoined those conference mates to once again be in a relevant conference.

Comment

Love our conference. If we do get a replacement for UCONN I’d love to see a VCU or Dayton. I’m sure they will be Selective

Comment

Working...
                                X