It's All About March...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's All About March...

At Wichita State, the Shockers won the MVC championship for only the second time in 24 years, but coach Gregg Marshall felt like the achievement was undervalued after the Shockers lost to VCU in the first game of the tournament.
    "We got a bad draw against a good opponent and didn't play particularly well," Marshall said. "Even then, we still had a one-possession game at the end against a VCU team that probably should've beat Indiana in the next round and gone to the Sweet 16.
    "We got back [to Wichita] and everyone was 'Ohhhhhhhh.' They were so disappointed. I was like, 'Man, I thought we had a great season.'"
    "You could be ranked in the top 10 in the country the whole year," Purdue's Matt Painter said, "but if you lose in the first or second round, people look at you like you're a failure.
    The next 10 days will feature some compelling races for conference championships. But does anyone care? The importance of league titles continues to dwindle as March glory trumps regular-season triumphs.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

It's all about expectations. And it's not just about getting there, it's about winning.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That was one long article.
      I really liked their choices for Coach Of the Year.
      Here is the list and votes:
      Leading candidates for national coach of the year:

1. Jim Larranaga, Miami - 46 (3)
      2. Jim Crews, Saint Louis - 40 (1)
      3. John Thompson III, Georgetown - 39
      4. Buzz Williams, Marquette - 21 (1)
      5. Bruce Weber, Kansas State - 17
      6. Dana Altman, Oregon - 16
      7. Tom Crean, Indiana - 16
      8. Tom Izzo, Michigan State - 14
      9. Kevin Ollie, Connecticut - 10
      10. Steve Alford, New Mexico - 12

Others receiving votes: Gregg Marshall, Wichita State 7; Bo Ryan, Wisconsin, 7; Mark Few, Gonzaga 6; Mike Krzyzewski, Duke 6; Bill Self, Kansas 4; Billy Donovan, Florida 4; Larry Eustachy, Colorado State 4; John Beilein, Michigan 3; John Groce, Illinois 1.

HCGM made number 11 on the list
      Do you think like I do that number is a little low???

Comment

Getting to the dance is great, but winning a game or 2 is a special season.

Comment

Altman, Ollie and Alford don't belong ahead of 3G.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
            HCGM made number 11 on the list
            Do you think like I do that number is a little low???
            If I didn't think Miami was the most overrated team in CBB this year, then I'd have Larranaga on that list.

I can understand Weber, Crean, and Alford. I can't believe Marshall, Few, Eustachy are that low. That's a travesty. Another travesty is Self getting votes when KU is clearly having some uncharacteristic regular season struggles--usually they wait until the tournament to drop a turd on the court, but they've done it several times already this year and almost had another one the other night.

My two cents:
            1. Few
            2. Marshall
            3. Weber
            4. Alford
            5. Crean
            6. Eustachy
            7. Crews
            8. Beilein
            9. Donovan
            10. Williams
            Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; February 27, 2013, 02:51 PM. Reason: horrifically bad grammar
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              If I didn't think Miami was the most overrated team in CBB this year, then I'd have Larranaga on that list.

I can understand Weber, Crean, and Alford. I can't believe Marshall, Few, Eustachy are that low. That's a travesty. Another travesty is Self getting votes when KU is clearly having some uncharacteristic regular season struggles--usually they wait until the tournament to drop a turd on the court, but they've done it several times already this year and almost had another one the other night.

My two cents:
              1. Few
              2. Marshall
              3. Weber
              4. Alford
              5. Crean
              6. Eustachy
              7. Crews
              8. Beilein
              9. Donovan
              10. Williams
              Larranaga will win, and rightly so.

Miami is the best team I've watched play this year and they have by far the highest ceiling still to reach.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Larranaga, Crews and Few are the guys that should be ahead of HCGM at this point.

None of the rest.

Comment

Working...
                X