Senior Night Festivities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Night Festivities

What time do they start? I want to be sure to not miss honoring these great young men.

Usually 10-15 minutes before tip-off.

Comment

I was looking for Marshall's approximate rank in all time wins and stumbled across an interesting piece of information:

His 50th birthday is tomorrow.

Sounds like a great opportunity for Shocker Nation to show appreciation to the guy that reversed course away from The Abyss (remember how often that phrase used to be invoked?) and the seniors that stepped on the gas.

Comment

I want to know what you all think about cutting down the nets after the EU win tomorrow night? What do you think and what do you think GM thinks?
        "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
        Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
          I was looking for Marshall's approximate rank in all time wins and stumbled across an interesting piece of information:

His 50th birthday is tomorrow.

Sounds like a great opportunity for Shocker Nation to show appreciation to the guy that reversed course away from The Abyss (remember how often that phrase used to be invoked?) and the seniors that stepped on the gas.
          How about right after the Senior Night festivities, led by the students, a 10,506 voice strong rendition of happy birthday. I bet he'd be blown away. Who can give this idea legs?

Comment

that's good idea

Comment

HCGM said after the Detroit game that it was up to the seniors to decide whether or not they should cut down the nets tomorrow. His reasoning: "We can't do it in Omaha. We'd get shot in the Qwest Center"
              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
                How about right after the Senior Night festivities, led by the students, a 10,506 voice strong rendition of happy birthday. I bet he'd be blown away. Who can give this idea legs?
                Contact the band director
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Ummmmm maybe I'm completely wrong but we need Creighton to lose to Bradley for us to cut down the nets. Because if we both win tomorrow, then we HAVE to beat Creighton in Omaha to win the Valley. If they beat us, we are tied, the head to head is tied, and then it's non-con SOS, and we are behind Creighton in that regard by 30 or so places.

Just beating Evansville tomorrow does nothing for winning the MVC unless Bradley beats Creighton.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

No, we would be co-champions at worst. The tiebreaker is only for seeding.

Comment

Nm... @pinstripers: types way too fast.

Comment

Ahhhh only seeding purposes. Thanks guys.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Does anybody know how to contact the band director?? I have no clue who he is.

EDIT: I just told my good friend in the pep band about this. He said he'll send an email to the director. We'll see where that takes us.

Comment

Myself and at least two others on here can do that. I will pass it along

Never mind. Sound like you got it

Comment

I wouldn't want to take ANYTHING away from these seniors and doing the Happy Birthday number right after honoring the seniors, in my opinion, is not a good idea. Let the seniors have their time. How about, instead, doing it just before the start of the second half once Coach is out of the tunnel and on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X