Senior Night Wed. - Thanks Men!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Night Wed. - Thanks Men!!

There aren't enough words to express appreciation for the leadership each of our 4 seniors has brought to the mix this season. Each man is such a unique story and such a huge contributor.

Ehimen Orukpe - Amazing persistence just getting on campus at WSU. Worked his tail off to become a factor and a defensive dominator.

Malcolm Armstead
    - Spent the '11-'12 season pushing that team in practice to great things and has been an amazing gap-filler between generations of Shocker point guards. On-floor general with quick hands and an amazing repertoire of shots.

Carl Hall - Survived two red-shirt seasons and was sidelined for part of this season due to health issues. Through his untiring work ethic Carl has truly become "The Beast". Perhaps the strongest post player at WSU in 20 years. Stop him under the basket if you can.

Demetric Williams - Winningest Shocker player EVER. DWill has shown amazing toughness, especially this season - getting beaten and battered at every turn. Keeps coming back for more. An incredible maker of clutch shots just when his team needs them.

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege watching each of you develop and contribute. You will be missed, but your legacy will not be forgotten.

--'85.
    Last edited by Shocker85; February 24, 2013, 11:04 AM.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

These Seniors are coming on strong when it counts. D-Will is "money" at the free-throw line, especially when the game is on the line. He can dribble right past our foes on the dead run for an easy two. He will be a key from here for sure also.

Thank goodness that Carl Hall returned for this season. He worked so hard last summer to get in the best shape ever and it is really paying off. We call him the Beast and I luv his play inside on both sides of the hardwood. What a leader he is.

EO is the record for posts here on SN and that may never be broken. On the floor he gives us defense, blocks and alters shots, and sets legal screens. EO has payed his dues and now is his time to shine on the hardwood for us.

Armstead reminds us that a team is only as good as your quarterback. Not only has he been hot as of late all over the court, but the best is yet to come. He is a great example for FreshVV to learn from for our future success.

These 4 will never be forgotten in Shocker History and are all quality young men. I wish each of you only the very best from this moment onward.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

And don't forget Malcolm paid his own way last year for the opportunity to be a Shocker and my guess is will be the Shocker MVP this year.

Carl with perhaps the shortest adjustment period of any Juco player we have recruited. Toughness and persistance personified.

D-Will is tough and he is fast. Just love to watch him turn on the jets.

To me Ehimen just seems like a classy young man. Great student.

Just what you need. Nothing like a bunch of hard-hat wearing, lunch-pail toting leaders who have talent to boot.

Tremendous job MEN!

:applouse:

Comment

What time do the "events" begin? At game time, 15 minutes before? Don't want to miss anything!

Comment

Will miss these class guys big time:poster_shocks:
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I have not been to a senior night since Gregg has been there...how do we do it? Do we do it THE BEST???

Comment

This class will be successful in life. Meanwhile there is still some ass kicking to do this year.

Comment

I remember when DWill was a freshman and in the doghouse. He was the leading candidate for departure in the annual "who gets the boot in the offseason thread".

Sir you have grown into a fine player and an even better young man. Congrats!

Comment

Does anybody know when Evansville is coming in?

Comment

I hope these seniors enjoy a deep run in the NCAA tourney. As a group, team mates and friends, they deserve some great memories for themselves in exchange for all the great memories they gave us.

As stated here before, each one, in their own special way, has excelled.

Comment

Working...
                    X