Gregg Marshall thinks Shox just punched a ticket for March Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall thinks Shox just punched a ticket for March Madness

Is Marshall just being modest? Seems like this team punched the ticket long ago. Or at least was on that track.

Barring an epic/cretin meltdown we get to dance.

Comment

I think we need to beat Evansille at home and win at least one game in St. Louis to punch our ticket.

Comment

26 wins is the number needed so that I feel comfortable only worrying about seeding, although, I do think we will get in even if we go on a three game dive to end the season.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I think we need to beat Evansille at home and win at least one game in St. Louis to punch our ticket.
          This thought is also my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            although, I do think we will get in even if we go on a three game dive to end the season.
            Maybe but losing at home to Evansville and to St. Louis to what would probably be a play-in survivor is not something we really want to deal with in any way, shape or form. And at this point I think the chances of that happening are pretty small. Still nothing is impossible and the Shocks need to maintain their focus and intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              This thought is also my thought.
              If we beat both Evansville and Creighton then we probably can survive a one-and-done performance in St. Louis. But I think this team has grander visions in mind.

Actually, if we win @Creighton we are probably dancing regarless of what else happens.

But the Shocks are playing about as well as they have all season right now and they have he opportunity to make this a very, very, very special season and I think they know it.

:poster_shocks:
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 24, 2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                26 wins is the number needed so that I feel comfortable only worrying about seeding, although, I do think we will get in even if we go on a three game dive to end the season.
                We shouldn't even be thinking such thoughts. By the way, such a fall would probably put our RPI around 50 and not anywhere near safe for a non-BCS team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  If we beat both Evansville and Creighton then we probably can survive a one-and-done performance in St. Louis. But I think this team has grander visions in mind.

Actually, if we win @Creighton we are probably dancing regarless of what else happens.

But the Shocks are playing about as well as they have all season right now and they have he opportunity to make this a very, very, very special season and I think they know it.

:poster_shocks:
                  THIS!!!!

Comment

Just for the record, two weeks ago I bet Indiana State thought they were in.
                    They aren't in now.

The RPI isn't just what you are doing, but what the teams you played are doing as well!!!
                    While WSU may be playing well, are all the teams we played in non-conference doing well???

I think WSU needs a win Wednesday night to go to the dance. I don't know if three straight losses get the job done.
                    WSU has a loss to last place Southern Illinois on it's resume.
                    WSU is not a BCS school.

Comment

I've got agree with Marshall and other posters. I do think we're in no matter what but this team wants more (better seed, MVC reg and tourney champ, win some games in NCAA). The way we're playing right now anything is possible. I said a couple weeks ago I didn't think it seemed like we'd improved throughout the season but they have changed my mind about that. Not only have we picked up our play since the 3 game losing streak but we're playing better than I can remember all season. This should be a great finish to another outstanding season.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        Just for the record, two weeks ago I bet Indiana State thought they were in.
                        They aren't in now.

The RPI isn't just what you are doing, but what the teams you played are doing as well!!!
                        While WSU may be playing well, are all the teams we played in non-conference doing well???

I think WSU needs a win Wednesday night to go to the dance. I don't know if three straight losses get the job done.
                        WSU has a loss to last place Southern Illinois on it's resume.
                        WSU is not a BCS school.
                        Everyone in the nation this year has lots of losses (and bad losses in most cases) outside of Gonzaga.

In terms of how our opponents are doing:

Southern Miss is #35 in the rpi
                        VCU is #36
                        Detroit is #63
                        Air Force is #75
                        Iowa is #90

Yes, the SIU loss is a bad one, but is our only truly bad loss. Tennessee is #58 in the rpi, Indiana State is #60, UNI is #72, and Evansville is #118.

If we are going to make the Indiana State comparison, keep in mind that in addition to also losing at SIU, ISU-B has lost to Morehead State, Drake, Missouri State, and Bradley (all worse losses than at Evansville - our only non-SIU loss outside the top 100 - and they still have to play at Evansville).
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

One more win and we are a lock.

Comment

If WSU wins the conference outright they are in. If they tie with CU, they are probably in, but still think they have some work to do to feel safe. If they don't win the conference then there is no lock.

Comment

Creighton will probably go out and lay down the next two games anyway and finish behind UNI somehow. We don't need to worry about tie breakers unless we are talking about 2nd or 3rd place tie breakers between those two and InSt :)

Oops wrong thread...

Comment

Working...
                              X