Road Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Warriors

This is one of those posts where you think, maybe, you’ve discovered something interesting. The more you look at it, the more you think it’s closer to “No duh” territory. I’ll let you decide.

Wichita State is 21-5 in MVC road games since 2010-2011, best in the MVC (Creighton and Missouri State are 14-12) in that span. What really illuminates how well the Shockers play on the road – and why they give themselves a chance to win – is their record in close games. WSU is the only MVC team in the past three seasons not to lose an MVC road game by double digits (Creighton has one). While the Bluejays also excel at keeping it close, they don’t close the deal as often as WSU has. No coffee for them.

WSU’s biggest margin of defeat is seven points, in a triple-overtime loss at Drake last season. The other margins are 5 at Missouri State (2011), 5 at Northern Iowa, 4 at Evansville and 2 at SIU (2013).

That extends to all road games, in which WSU has one double-digit loss since 2010-11, 14 points at San Diego State.

Number of double-digit losses in MVC road games since 2011:

Bradley 15

Creighton 1

Drake 13

Evansville 11

Illinois State 9

Indiana State 6

Missouri State 4

Northern Iowa 5

Southern Illinois 18

Wichita State 0
    Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#storylink=cpy

Just Wow.

I cant remember that many double digit losses, period. Indy St this year.... Cant think of many more.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I am all for adding another one to Evanville's total next Wednesday.
      "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

And I thought this was going to be a thread about Golden State players getting is auto accidents.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I cant remember that many double digit losses, period. Indy St this year.... Cant think of many more.
            I count 3 in the last 3 years. The Indy State, the San Diego State and the Alabama game in PR.

Comment

Really don't think this team deserves the Road Warriors label as much as past teams have.

We had 7 road losses three seasons ago. 1 each for the last two seasons. Now 4 so far this season, with Creighton to go.

The losses are close, but ... I don't know. The last two teams were deserving of the "Road Warrior" moniker. This team is clearly much better at home. If you're clearly better at home than on the road, I don't think you get that title. Some of those past teams seemed like they were better on the road than at home.

So far this team has been one of the best home teams and one of the best neutral site teams in recent Shocker history, though. Albeit on a small neutral site sample size.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                Really don't think this team deserves the Road Warriors label as much as past teams have.

We had 7 road losses three seasons ago. 1 each for the last two seasons. Now 4 so far this season, with Creighton to go.

The losses are close, but ... I don't know. The last two teams were deserving of the "Road Warrior" moniker. This team is clearly much better at home. If you're clearly better at home than on the road, I don't think you get that title. Some of those past teams seemed like they were better on the road than at home.

So far this team has been one of the best home teams and one of the best neutral site teams in recent Shocker history, though. Albeit on a small neutral site sample size.
                We are 6-2 on the road this year with a game to go. My guess is that the Shockers have the best and second best road record at 8-1 over the past two seasons, and that 7-2 would be the third best in that time. 6-3 might be the third best.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

The one road win that was huge for us was at VCU whom we did not beat here or at the Dance in past Seasons. They returned most of their key players and we waltzed right into their house and beat them. This team may be the very one that wins when it counts the most? Stay tuned and another win here Wed. will be a nice one before we venture to Omaha for that road game. Maybe it is high time to also take the Lew by storm and enter the Dance on a high note with a growing swagger that can do some damage and win some games. How will this team compare to our last 2 teams in as the script develops and plays out? Dunno, but I like what I see thus far.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Marshall has done better than the previous year every year, as we all know.

What does that leave for us following a valley regular season title and an NCAA appearance last year?

There isn't much left other than a win in St. Louis and a win in the NCAA tournament. Both of those seem very possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X