Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiteOuts, BlueOuts, RedOuts, explained

Accortding to fans of schools who have their "special" nights against WSU -

1. It's not because they want to rouse their crowds.
    2. It's not to get more people into the gym.
    3. It's not because WSU is a big game for their team.
    4. They're doing it to look good on national TV.

Evidently those schools can only get national TV coverage when WSU comes to town. But it's the TV coverage, not WSU, that drives the athleti departments and the fans. And it's a swing and a miss on a "Cause-and-Effect" pitch.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Isn't Indiana State doing a white out tonight? Does ESPN3 really apply as national TV? I'm not sure I'm buying that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
      Isn't Indiana State doing a white out tonight? Does ESPN3 really apply as national TV? I'm not sure I'm buying that.
      ISUB athletic department is promoting it as such.

Comment

Does that make 4 out of our 9 road games? Maroon, white, red, and now white again? I wonder if these schools do this for Creighton, too?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
          Does that make 4 out of our 9 road games? Maroon, white, red, and now white again? I wonder if these schools do this for Creighton, too?
          Who hasn't done it? Both ISUs. Didn't HSU and UNI both do it? What about SIU? Pretty sure Creighton will when the time comes. Drake and Evansville don't have enough fans to even try...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Accortding to fans of schools who have their "special" nights against WSU -

1. It's not because they want to rouse their crowds.
            2. It's not to get more people into the gym.
            3. It's not because WSU is a big game for their team.
            4. They're doing it to look good on national TV.

Evidently those schools can only get national TV coverage when WSU comes to town. But it's the TV coverage, not WSU, that drives the athleti departments and the fans. And it's a swing and a miss on a "Cause-and-Effect" pitch.
            So why did WSU have a black-out vs. sCUm?

1. No. Our crowd doesn't need any extra motivation vs. sCUm or any other (non-) rival.
            2. Koch is virtually sold-out all the time, so NO.
            3. sCUm game was most definitely a big game - 1st place on the line + Carl back + We hate sCUm.
            4. It does look good on national TV.

Overall, I don't care one whit about their motivation. When all is said and done - Scoreboard!

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Creighton fans seem to whine and moan about all the rest of the league treating their games as Super Bowls, doing white-outs/black-outs/etc, and have indicated that's one of the reasons they hope to move up to a different conference. Those morons don't think the rest of the Big 12 gets up for KU, or the ACC for Duke? It happens in every conference and I love it. If the other schools don't consider our game their Super Bowl, that tells me 1) We suck and 2) They think they have a pretty good shot at winning without making a big damn deal of the game. The other schools giving us their best games every night makes us better in the end and prepares us for the postseason. And it's a hell of an unintentional compliment.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Creighton should have a sober out.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

^BOOM!

Comment

re:

With a ISUb's Marketing Dept putting out stuff like this, a white out idea seems like a step up:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                      With a ISUb's Marketing Dept putting out stuff like this, a white out idea seems like a step up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bF0RqLhX8OA
                      Similar styles maybe...

Produced by Ken Whitney and Justin Rupert. Talent (or lack there of) Rex HarrisLIKE US on Facebook "China Star Guy"
                      That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Nice mullet.

Comment

That reminds me of the Rex Kwan Do commercial in Napoleon Dynamite.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                            That reminds me of the Rex Kwan Do commercial in Napoleon Dynamite.
                            I was not intending to check out the link but you had me at "Rex Kwan Do". I am gonna go make me a tortillah.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Is Creighton having a white out as well this year?

ISU's arena did not look good. Of course, I don't believe it would look good if it was full either.

When it comes to these things, I agree that WSU is a good draw, so the schools try to promote it even more.

Comment

Working...
                              X