Ron Baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Baker

Does anybody know how his recovery is coming along? What level of activity is he allowed?

He ran on a court for the first time yesterday. Has been training in the baseball facility. Also taking full speed jump shots.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Kennedy made it sound like it wont be til around the mvc tourney
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Bakers rehab is going fantastic. They put the date as the MVC tournament about a month ago. We were suite mates last year so we stay in touch. Shockers up
          **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Comment

Based on what I've read in the Eagle it's going well. Nice to hear that the running seems to be going well and I believe next week he can start running everyday as long as there are no setbacks. It'll be great if he can come back and give us 10-15 minutes off the bench and another outside threat.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm so dumb -- why is he coming back instead of a hardship red shirt ?

Comment

Already had a redshirt year last year.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Gotta feel for the kid...been here two years, put in alot of work and has barely played even though he merits a lot of PT.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by WUSHOCKBPELI View Post
                    Bakers rehab is going fantastic. They put the date as the MVC tournament about a month ago. We were suite mates last year so we stay in touch. Shockers up
                    And Mike Kennedy reiterated that last night in the post-game show. Maybe some limited time in the Valley tournament if the situation presents itself with hopes that he will be able to contribute some in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      Already had a redshirt year last year.
                      Can't you get 2 redshirts if one is for medical? Didn't Carl get an extra one? I'd swear Purdue's Robbie Hummel got 2 medical redshirts.
                      I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                        Can't you get 2 redshirts if one is for medical? Didn't Carl get an extra one? I'd swear Purdue's Robbie Hummel got 2 medical redshirts.
                        You have 5 years to complete 4 years. At the end of 5 years, you can apply for a hardship redshirt. It is rare, but does happen. Carl Hall is example of getting hardship redshirt due to his heart causing him to miss 2 years. Baker case might be hurt that he took a voluntary red shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          Gotta feel for the kid...been here two years, put in alot of work and has barely played even though he merits a lot of PT.
                          This was not only a setback for Baker and Wessel this Season, but we can only imagine what it would have been like with them all Season I am ready for Mr. Baker back at the Lew, even in a limited role if his injury recovery will allow it. Both of these 2 players worked hard in the summer and were both solid starters, playing well on both sides of the court for us. They are Shockers through and through and will both bounce back and make a positive difference for us in due time are are both top quality young men.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                            My understanding is that 5 years to play 4 applies in all cases except missing 2 seasons for a medical redshirt.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Didn't Nate Funk get 9 to play 6 or some such?
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X