No announcement yet.

BracketBuster suddenly meaningful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time in about 4 years that the BB has mattered. I guess that is fitting for its last year of existence.

Comment

It only matters in the fact that a loss hurts and a win does little or nothing for us. Pretty much par for the course.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have this feeling you could take the ISUr shirts off of the guys we just played, put them on the Detroit players, and we couldn't tell a difference. I don't know that, but I just get this feeling that they are very similar teams.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Every game is meaningful. Wins help. Losses hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I have this feeling you could take the ISUr shirts off of the guys we just played, put them on the Detroit players, and we couldn't tell a difference. I don't know that, but I just get this feeling that they are very similar teams.
            I just hope the Detroit guys aren't as dirty of players.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              It only matters in the fact that a loss hurts and a win does little or nothing for us. Pretty much par for the course.
              This.

No different from Davidson last year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                This.

No different from Davidson last year.
                When you have one of the highest RPIs in the whole event, it is hard for it to help and not hurt. This has been the biggest problem as of late in the event. But it does give a decent game for next year.

Comment

moved

Comment

another game on espn2 and another game against a decent opponent. it's not all negative.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      First time in about 4 years that the BB has mattered. I guess that is fitting for its last year of existence.
                      and good riddance

Comment

This take on espn makes it look pretty bad for Creighton and St. Mary's. He is saying it is a MUST win for both teams. Personally I don't think a loss at St. Mary's should hurt Creighton. St. Mary's is a top 50 rpi team with a 17-1 record at home.

On CBB Live Extra, Fran Fraschilla gives his take on the teams with the most to play during the BracketBusters weekend.
                        Last edited by shocker3; February 22, 2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                          This take on espn makes it look pretty bad for Creighton and St. Mary's. He is saying it is a MUST win for both teams. Personally I don't think a loss at St. Mary's should hurt Creighton. St. Mary's is a top 50 rpi team with a 17-1 record at home.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...sters#comments
                          But with the slide that Creighton had, it very well could hurt them regardless of what we all think. None of us knows how the committee will view things this year.

Comment

Rpi at 45 can be precarious. A win would help Creighton with prestige besides getting into the 30's.

Comment

A Creighton loss would continue their slide and put them closer to the bubble. If they would then lose one of their last two Valley games they would go into St. Louis clearly on the bubble.

Creighton opens up as a 5 point underdog.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X