Detroit's got an/some Athlete(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit's got an/some Athlete(s)

Detroit's Ray McCallum lobs up an alley-oop to Doug Anderson, who elevates and throws down a monstrous two-handed jam.

wowzers

that Lob had no business being thrown down, horrible pass in all reality.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Not to mention the first pass is an over the head backwards pass.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Wow.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

that would've been called goaltending on EO

Comment

That was quite the leap. It appeared his head was at the rim.

Comment

Dang.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Seen it before..

Anderson was highly recruited out of Mott JC in Detroit.

I worked a game with him 2 years ago where he drove the baseline and encountered a defender who had sealed him off.

I expected him to spin and drive into the lane.

Instead, he took off. When I say he took off, I mean he literally elevated and jumped over the defender and threw it down.

By the way, the defender he jumped over was 6'5"!

The entire place went nuts, including the opposing coach who stood with disbelief on his face and his jaw dropped.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I would love to see him in HCGM's system playing D and getting lobs from Fred
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Sometimes going up against an athlete like that has the effect of our athletes upping their game. There is no reason that we can't give them a better show than they give us.

Comment

You know what? SCREW bitchin' about RPI!! This is going to be a FUN game!!!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      You know what? SCREW bitchin' about RPI!! This is going to be a FUN game!!!
                      Agree. Dude is a freakishly good athlete!

How tall is this guy?

And @ShockRef:, I'd have loved to see him take off. How, as a referee, do you keep from cheering for that? :)

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Agree. Dude is a freakishly good athlete!

How tall is this guy?

And @ShockRef, I'd have loved to see him take off. How, as a referee, do you keep from cheering for that? :)
                        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=doug+anderson+detroit+titans
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

hopefully, this game won't catapult yet another team into glory after they nip the shockers by a whisker in koch arena. maybe the shockers can 180 reverse that trend?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            hopefully, this game won't catapult yet another team into glory after they nip the shockers by a whisker in koch arena. maybe the shockers can 180 reverse that trend?
                            I'd love for us to use our bracketbuster game as a springboard for our own little Final Four run, as other teams have expertly done recently.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I have bad memories of the GMU and VCU seasons. I too hope that the trend is reversed.

Comment

Working...
                              X