No announcement yet.

Just like Skyline Chili?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this thread moved to Off-topic yet? Just checking.

Comment

Good, good stuff.

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Seems like an odd reference since it could be applied to a 3-way, 4-way or 5-way tie.

I think I've heard that it is basically spaghetti wtih chili on top.
      Skyline is a Cincinnati staple and a required stop when anywhere in the area.

The 3 way is most popular, noted for the spaghetti underneath, covered with the chili and topped off with a huge mound of grated cheddar cheese.

The chili has a distinctive taste, with the most unusual ingredient being cinnamon. The stuff is addictive and there are 1000's & 1000's in the area who can and will attest to it.

True story - Jim Schaus was a major fan of the stuff from his time in Cincy and we took some out one year to STL. After that, it was his only request from us every year after until his departure.

I have certainly had my share over the years and have never gotten tired of it!
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Side note- anyone tried the foodtrucks in riverside?

I was in ICT over the holidays briefly and tore up some of their LA street tacos like 3 days in a row. Glad to see that fad finally hit Wichita, simply phenomenal.
        Have not. Primarily because I do not know about them.

Thats one of the things I really love about Westport specifically the nightlife. On the walk back to the hotel stop by a food truck and sober up haha. We need more of that here specifically downtown.

With that said... I emplore EVERYONE that can on the board to go hit up Anna Murdocs on Market street downtown. Open everyday except Sunday. Friday/Saturday nights they stay open (really late) and usually have live entertainment. Great food, great owners and hopefully they become a staple. Tell them Pat sent you!

Comment

Ty,s. Still going.. 2nd set of owners over the last 5 years but still very good.

Comment

Working...
          X