No announcement yet.

Just like Skyline Chili?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did experience Don N Shake for the first time this past summer and enjoyed it.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Was that meant to just wound those not living in Wichita? It sucks enough living without taco shop, pronto, rio, etc here in kc. Thinking of Dog N Shake just makes me hungry and depressed.
      No kidding. The reference to Nu Way root beer just about made me jump in the car for a quick 500 mile trip for a half gallon of root beer.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Was in Wichita for one day in December. Was supposed to meet someone for lunch around 2:30. Got to Wichita an hour early and went straight to NuWay. Wasn't going to miss the opportunity.

Love NuWay, Dog-N-Shake, Bionic Burger, Ty's, Calvin's and many other joints that may or may not still be in business. The two things I miss most about Wichita living in Joco. The food (joints) and the Shox...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          Maybe that's why it never moved beyond Cincinatti.

On a related note, that same rationale would not explain why Nu Way hasn't ventured beyond Wichita. Spangles, on the other hand . . .
          when I first moved to KC in 1986, I stumbled upon a NuWay at the Ward Parkway Mall. Couldn't believe my good fortune. Walked right up to the counter and ordered a Royal Malt and NuWay Deluxe. The waiter looked at me and said, "you're from Wichita, aren't you".... I looked up at the menu and there was no NuWay Deluxe. Just large NuWay with cheese. And no root beer. They weren't allowed to sell it yet. The place lasted for several years. A couple of years later, a Maid-Rite (Iowa version of NuWay) opened at the Oak Park Mall. It lasted just a couple of years. The concept just doesn't have much appeal outside it home territories.. Too bad..
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Was in Wichita for one day in December. Was supposed to meet someone for lunch around 2:30. Got to Wichita an hour early and went straight to NuWay. Wasn't going to miss the opportunity.

Love NuWay, Dog-N-Shake, Bionic Burger, Ty's, Calvin's and many other joints that may or may not still be in business. The two things I miss most about Wichita living in Joco. The food (joints) and the Shox...
            Agree with all of these. Add Walt's, too. Tak-hom-a burger. Is Ty's still going strong?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Takhomaburger is no longer. Charlie's is phenominal...Oasis has a burger as well.

Comment

Nobody gonna mention TJ's Burger House? Best in town IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  Nobody gonna mention TJ's Burger House? Best in town IMO.
                  Where?

Comment

Also, tenbukto in Andover is tasty...especially with their special jalapeño sauce.

Comment

Can you tell I like me some bugger?
                      :-)

Comment

Busters in Derby or the Oasis on Maple

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Where?
                          Delano.

You're missing out, gotta try it sometime.

Comment

Side note- anyone tried the foodtrucks in riverside?

I was in ICT over the holidays briefly and tore up some of their LA street tacos like 3 days in a row. Glad to see that fad finally hit Wichita, simply phenomenal.

Comment

Back on topic, Brints Diner (wa featured on first episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, an Dives) had an awesome Cincinnati Spaghetti. They also had a great Chicken Fried Steak.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                Delano.

You're missing out, gotta try it sometime.
                                Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X