Scathing blog on CU student section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scathing blog on CU student section

I’d like to start this off by apologizing to all of you. Last night I was pretty upset by the buffoonery going on behind me, and I promised a rant filled with expletives for your reading plea…

We have a thread about a BJ's blog on the front page of ShockerNet. Great...

T

Comment

Glad I have ignore...to bad Royal's ban from a few years ago didn't last any longer...I can only imagine the wonderful reply.

Comment

Actually thought it was readable....kind of like seeing how other people think about their crowds. The good Lord knows we've analyzed OUR students a zillion times.

Comment

Two years ago I had the privelege of courtside seats in St. Louis. I got to be fairly good acquantance with Mary, the usher lady at Scottrade in charge of our section. She absolutely despised CU students for exactly the things this person describes.

Comment

My favorite quote: "Last night, a girl passed out in the stands before tip-off into the back of my leg while nearly taking John out. At most universities, this would be dismissed as a freshman who couldn’t handle their alcohol. At Creighton, I wouldn’t have been surprised if she were an alum." but seriously my neighbor is a respectable enough lady, an esteemed barrister and we bet a bottle of wine for each game. Trust me she and her hubby can hold their alcohol.

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I guess this blog helps to explain why the Clink is so quiet. I watched the Illinois St game on TV after the Shocker game and I was amazed at how quiet the Clink was for such a close game. If you had just tuned in during the last few minutes of the game you would have thought that the Jays were up by 20 or down by 20 by how quiet the crowd was.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                I guess this blog helps to explain why the Clink is so quiet. I watched the Illinois St game on TV after the Shocker game and I was amazed at how quiet the Clink was for such a close game. If you had just tuned in during the last few minutes of the game you would have thought that the Jays were up by 20 or down by 20 by how quiet the crowd was.
                I thought the exact same thing. I have never heard an arena that big and that full have such little noise during a nailbiter.

Comment

They get somewhat loud when beating wsu, a little less in a close game (too nervous and too bitching about the calls), and quiet for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                    I thought the exact same thing. I have never heard an arena that big and that full have such little noise during a nailbiter.
                    CU arena is for a multipurpose events like concerts and conventions (like IBA). They have did lots of treatments to lower the reverberation time so that speech, concerts and audio is more understandable - that means the arena will be more "dead". Koch arena is lively because it has alot of highly reflective surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      Well, after all the freshmen girls pass out from their wine coolers.. it would make sense that it would be more quiet later in the game.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        CU arena is for a multipurpose events like concerts and conventions (like IBA). They have did lots of treatments to lower the reverberation time so that speech, concerts and audio is more understandable - that means the arena will be more "dead". Koch arena is lively because it has alot of highly reflective surfaces.
                        While I can see your point, IBA is a whole lot more energetic with the Shockers playing than the Clink has ever been.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I certainly appreciate CU's attendance numbers. It's good for basketball there, good for the Valley, which is indirectly good for WSU.

But, it seems those fans are really UNL FB fans with nothng else to do in winter than go to CU basketball games.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                          X