No announcement yet.

Conference Champion(s) How Many Losses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Champion(s) How Many Losses?

Since 1908, there have been only four occasions in which the Missouri Valley Conference champion had five conference losses. There has not been any champion with more than five losses.

Champions with five conference losses are as follows:

'43-'44 - Oklahoma State
    '70-'71 - Drake, Louisville and St. Louis (tied)
    '92-'93 - Illinois State
    '98-'99 - Evansville

How many losses will the '12-'13 champion have?

Who will the champion(s) be?

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

5 would be my guess but 6 is not out of the question. WSU has the hardest schedule left to play of the contenders IMO. Before the Season started, I picked Creighton to win and WSU second. Others picked us 4th or even lower than that. Indiana State and especially Illinois State are the hottest teams right now. The Trees were very fortunate to escape the game with the win yesterday after trailing most the way. It is too late for Illinois State to win in IMO but they can cause folk grief along the way and finish strong.

No way do we let Indiana State sweep us and Creighton will not want us sweeping them, but can they stop us? We may have a 3 way tie for first in this crazy MVC but I got to stick with our beloved Shockers, the defending Champs, to get hot and win it. If for some odd reason we don't win this Conference, then we will have to take the Lew by storm and win it for the very first time.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If it's 6 then it's going to be a tie, at least a 2 way tie, and maybe a 3 way tie.

I don't see any of the 3 teams tied right now running the table, so I would say 5 wins it. If I had to handicap it, I would give the slightest of edges to Indiana State, if for no other reason than they are done with Creighton and appear to have the best coaching.

Comment

There will be a tie for first place and the winning records will be 13-5.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          There will be a tie for first place and the winning records will be 13-5.

T

...:cool:
          I concur.

Comment

And the tie will be WSU and isu. Cu takes second, we win at Louis. Cu still gets at large because the entire national media wants to have chewbaccas baby and isu sits on the bubble and gets in. :)

Comment

This year, more than any in recent memory, it will be extremely important to finish strong. Not just for a Valley title, but for Big Dance as well. So many teams can point to signature wins. Not all are going to be playing in the NCAA tourney. We need to win out at home, win at least 1 of the three remaining road games and at least two in St. Louis. I'll sleep better with that scenario.

We win two of the road games and we finish no worse than a tie for first. Wouldn't it be nice for the game in Omaha to be of no concequence? I mean that in a good way.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Wichita State won the league with a 13-5 record just 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  Nope, 14-4, which, by the way, is still obtainable this year.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                    14-4

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      Nope, 14-4, which, by the way, is still obtainable this year.
                      Holy crap you are right, could have sworn they only won 13 games that year, my bad.

Comment

Somebody is going to warm up a bit and the winner will go 13-5. The Shockers are due to close the season strong and I'll predict it will be us.

Kenpom's current prediction is CU at 13-5 with WSU and the Trees at 14-6.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          Somebody is going to warm up a bit and the winner will go 13-5. The Shockers are due to close the season strong and I'll predict it will be us.

Kenpom's current prediction is CU at 13-5 with WSU and the Trees at 14-6.
                          Damn sucks that WSU and ISU have to play two more games than CU! ;)
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Damn sucks that WSU and ISU have to play two more games than CU! ;)
                            Make that 12-6 for us and ISUblue.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I think we can run the tables. And thats the way it should be. We are the best team. I noticed our rotation for the MSU game felt more like it did early on. Early off the bench. EO with more minutes and us passing the ball. We do that, and I dont see anyone beating us. CU is struggling, Indy St is hit or miss. We can do it.

Marshall will get em going.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X