Toure Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure Murry

I'm probably going to the game this Friday if any Houston area alums are interested in meeting up. They're playing Spring at Klein Forest high school at 7:00.

hey, dan....do you ever see westbury christian play? my brother teaches/coaches there...preadom's school...

Comment

Westbury

Haven't seen them. I don't typically go to high school games but there are definitetly a lot of good players down here. I'm planning on going to several Klein Forest games now that Murry is signed on the school is fairly easy for me to get to.

Comment

Dan - I'm tentatively in for Friday. I'll know more tomorrow. They're playing Klein Collins, right?

Comment

KF

I think they're playing Spring.

Comment

I'll be there. Never been to the campus before. Easy to find?

Comment

Klein Forrest now ranked #1 in Houston area, #3 in all of Texas in the largest class (5A) AND #47 in the country in Rivals Fab 50.

Comment

Murry

Tx and I went to the game last night. First off, his name is pronounced 2-Ray, in case anyone wants to know. KF beat Spring in a very close game 74-71, Spring had a chance for a desparation 3 at the end to tie but it clanked off the rim. Toure scored 16 in the first half on a combination of 3's and drives, including several nice behind the back moves and spin moves to the rim. He was pretty quiet in the 2nd half and only made 4 free throws to finish with 20. He actually missed 3 3-pointers in a row toward the end of the game. His teammate, Chris Hines, was pretty much a ball hog the 2nd half and tried to be a one-man show most of the time. He's the primary point guard and is definitely a shoot or drive first, pass 2nd type player (at least last night). Toure is much more unselfish, sometimes maybe too unslefish as he passed up several open shots to pass to a teammate for a better shot - even though he is probably the best shooter on the team. The kid has very good leaping ability as well, and I don't think it's been mentioned - no comparison to Ogirri, TM is much more athletic. TX and I were also talking about how quietly he accumulates points because it doesn't take a lot of attempts for him to reach 12-16 points - I think he only missed 2 baskets the first half, unlike Hines, who shoots a bunch to get his points. Unless something drastically changes with our current roster, Murry will start from day 1 at the 2 guard, I predict.

Comment

Thanks for the update Dan.

Spring was the #1 team in the area earlier in the year, is that correct?

So this would have been a pretty decent win?

What do you think of KF's chance to get to state?

THANKS!

Comment

KF

Not sure of their chances since I haven't seen many other teams play. They dominated Spring the 1st half and then let them get back in the game the 2nd half. Spring had some pretty good athletes of their own. KF is a very scrappy team that plays very good team defense and likes to run. They play best when they can get steals and play up tempo. They don't have much of a half court offense, which seems to consist of one guy driving to the basket and either shooting it in traffic or dishing it out to the perimeter for a three or that guy then attempting to penetrate. I'd still like to see them a play a team that has a traditional big man in the middle, or maybe a couple of big men, and see how they adapt. I'm sure they've faced those types of teams since their record is 17-2, I believe. For the record, they start 4 guards and a "forward". The forward is probably only 6'2".

Comment

It should also be mentioned that he has a really nice wingspan. He used his arm length to disrupt several passes, knock the ball away, and even get a good block in the second half.

As for state, they've got to be the favorites to win their district, so I'd say they've got a real good chance to get to state.

I doubt Spring was the #1 area earlier. At least not based off their record of 5-13.

Here's their district standings on Chron.com

Comment

I'd find it hard to believe that Murry would start here from day 1. I don't doubt that he'll see plenty of minutes, but with Gal and Hawk here it won't be easy. I know Hawk may start at the 3, but I think it may be a bit bold to say this kid will start right away. Granted, I haven't seen him play as you have.

I'd just say that if any FR were to start it would be Stutz as he has little in front of him at that position.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Murry

You may be right about starting, due to Gal probably starting at the 2 next year. Although, I'd say he's a better all around player than Gal. He will definitely get time and don't be surprised to see him challenging for a starting spot later in the year.

Comment

I believe I confused Spring with Cy Springs perhaps. Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Re: Murry

Originally posted by Dan
                              You may be right about starting, due to Gal probably starting at the 2 next year. Although, I'd say he's a better all around player than Gal. He will definitely get time and don't be surprised to see him challenging for a starting spot later in the year.
                              Now I have no problems with that. I can't wait to see this kid over the summer and see what he brings to the table with my own two eyes. But if you have a kid as good as Toure sounds coming off the bench, that only makes this team better. And if he can put Gal on the bench at some point that would just mean this team is that much better. I'm not sure I've ever been this excited over a recruiting class as a whole. Good times are coming. And the future is bright 8)
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X