No announcement yet.

Lunardi: MVC possible 4 bid conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunardi: MVC possible 4 bid conference?

According to Suellentrop's blog, Lunardi told MVC hoops that Shocker fans shouldn't panic and that the MVC could realistically be a 4 bid conference:

That's a joke. MVC will be a three bid at the most. BCS chimps won't allow a lowly conference like the Valley to put four teams in, UNLESS they were all first rd teams, with the exception of creighton who will most surely get a seed three above their rightful position.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don't know how ISUb schedule wraps up, but if both us and them can basically win out with only a loss or so to the top 3 teams, I could see all three getting in even if none win in STL. CU is in. As long as we figure things out and start winning, we're good. ISUb has a lot of good wins that will help them if they don't stumble. So I don't think 4 would be completely far fetched. We have to start winning though
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If all finish strong and someone else win Arch Madness it is definitely a possibility. This is a crazy year, and I ISUb has very impressive wins. They will not be snubbed, WSU and CU also had enough credibility, RPI, and SoS if they finish strong to survive and advance to the field of 68.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          That's a joke. MVC will be a three bid at the most. BCS chimps won't allow a lowly conference like the Valley to put four teams in, UNLESS they were all first rd teams, with the exception of creighton who will most surely get a seed three above their rightful position.
          A lot of the people on the selection committee are from non-BCS schools, so if the MVC was at most a 3-bid conference, it wouldn't be because of the BCS.

Comment

This does all come down to the MVC tourney. If one of those 3 wins, then it is a 3 bid. If UNI or ISUr wins, it's a 4. But WSU, ISUb have to both win until at least the second round of arch madness minus the games versus each other and Creighton.

Comment

If today was selection Sunday, I would be surprised if ISUb didn't get a bid. Us too. There's a lot of basketball to be played though.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                I know I've felt this way before, but the shtick is kind of old and a touch lame. I can admit to falling for it though.

The middies, err non-BCS's make up a lot of the better teams in college basketball this year. A lot of BCS schools, especially middling ones, are struggling and have pretty crappy profiles. It's possible the Valley gets 3. 4 would be a pretty big stretch and yes that likely won't happen, but let's not blame it on the committee yet.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If North Carolina or Kentucky end up close to the bubble do you think the
                  MVC would get a 4th team in over either of those schools, just to name 2 schools???

Comment

Working...
                  X