Start Baker on one Leg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Baker on one Leg!

The guy would play with more heart and intelligence than our seniors right now.

Have him limp around for about 30 seconds out there in front of the home crowd then take him out.

Maybe that would send a message.

I believe he starts running this week. Don't know if he has, or if it's later, but there's still some hope that he could help, depending upon how his foot responds
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Let him heal fully. We will need him in St louis for us to make the tourney. Unless by some miracle we win out.

Be sure to tip your waitresses.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

In two radio interview podcasts I've listened to this past week Marshall has hinted that Baker may not return at all this season. Be hopeful, but not overly so.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          In two radio interview podcasts I've listened to this past week Marshall has hinted that Baker may not return at all this season. Be hopeful, but not overly so.
          I've only heard the one quote from last week or so and I took it as he simply doesn't know how the foot will respond as it's a difficult injury to predict. I think we'll have a better idea in a week or so. If the foot is doing ok, it's just a conditioning issue. If it's not responding well....
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I've only heard the one quote from last week or so and I took it as he simply doesn't know how the foot will respond as it's a difficult injury to predict. I think we'll have a better idea in a week or so. If the foot is doing ok, it's just a conditioning issue. If it's not responding well....
            In the radio interview I heard earlier HCGM said it is a dangerous injury that can be exacerbated, that you do not want to risk a full break, and that we have to think about Ron Baker's whole career, not just this season. Certainly he didn't close the door on this season, but it left me pessimistic. Now that was ten days ago, but it left me doubting whether we would see RB at all this season.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I hope people know I was kidding about starting him for 30 seconds.....but there is some merit to sending a message.

Comment

Could Baker have applied for medical hardship before the deadline back in December and got another year of eligibility? Would be sad if this entire year goes wasted.
                Last edited by ShockerFever; February 6, 2013, 12:03 PM.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  In yesterday's podcast with Katz, he mentioned Baker's return with the caveat of "if he comes back at all." It did not sound confidence inspiring.

I am hopeful he can join us either in St. Louis or for whatever postseason tournament we end up in.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Could Baker have applied for medical hardship before the deadline back in December and got another year of eligibility? Would be sad if this entire year goes wasted.
                    He's already taken a redshirt year for non-medical purposes. A second reshirt year, even for medical reasons would be denied.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                      He's already taken a redshirt year for non-medical purposes. A second reshirt year, even for medical reasons would be denied.
                      Thank you.

I know there have been cases of 6 years of eligibility, but I assume those are extremely rare and for different reasons.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Thank you.

I know there have been cases of 6 years of eligibility, but I assume those are extremely rare and for different reasons.
                        They both have to be for medical reasons to get a sixth year.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Just put him in a wheel chair. With one hand and no legs, it would be an improvement.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                          X