Podcast with Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcast with Marshall

Good interview with Seth, Katz and Marshall. Marshall pretty much put the offer out that they will start a home and home with any team in the country and will start on the road next year!

Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg talk to Gonzaga head coach Mark Few, Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall and Villanova head coach Jay Wright.

Good stuff.. Starts around the 34 minute mark

Comment

Required listening for all Shocker fans, and KC Shox, CBB_Fan etc.

Just listen. Pay attention. Try to understand the difficulties of big time college basketball.

Comment

I think he should also consider a buy game with anyone thats a top 15 program, granted it is on national TV. I remember the Michigan State game. We lost, but I think it helped us get ready that year.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I think he should also consider a buy game with anyone thats a top 15 program, granted it is on national TV. I remember the Michigan State game. We lost, but I think it helped us get ready that year.
          I agree with this and would even take it a step further- I'd love to see us take 2 paychecks to play against Gonzaga and Butler on "neutral" courts in Seattle and Indianapolis. I like our chances against both of them in their equivalent of an Intrust/Sprint atmosphere better than going some place like Cameron Indoor, we'd net the same $100k buy, and we'd have a chance to assert ourselves as the very best non-BCS team. Similar RPI benefits as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            I agree with this and would even take it a step further- I'd love to see us take 2 paychecks to play against Gonzaga and Butler on "neutral" courts in Seattle and Indianapolis. I like our chances against both of them in their equivalent of an Intrust/Sprint atmosphere better than going some place like Cameron Indoor, we'd net the same $100k buy, and we'd have a chance to assert ourselves as the very best non-BCS team. Similar RPI benefits as well.
            I like this idea. Play the other Non-BCS big boys and let the performance determine who is best.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
              I like this idea. Play the other Non-BCS big boys and let the performance determine who is best.
              It was perhaps jokingly suggested in the interview to contact ESPN and ask them to set up a game. Give them this suggestion. It could be the replacement for Bracketbusters.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                It was perhaps jokingly suggested in the interview to contact ESPN and ask them to set up a game. Give them this suggestion. It could be the replacement for Bracketbusters.
                This is how they should have done BB to begin with. Don't include every team from practically every non-BCS conference, but take the top teams from the top non-BCS conferences by instituting a minimum RPI. I would dig that and I think TV viewers would too. The 4th place team in the Summit with an RPI of 150 is not a candidate to bust anybody's bracket, and that is why the top non-BCS programs got out of this POS.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  Perhaps we should be more concerned about being the very best non-BCS team in our league on a consistant basis, first. Not to say I don't want to play Butler or Gonzaga and as soon as possible, but they have proven themselves in their leagues and as major players whether it's in the non-con or post-season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Perhaps we should be more concerned about being the very best non-BCS team in our league on a consistant basis, first. Not to say I don't want to play Butler or Gonzaga and as soon as possible, but they have proven themselves in their leagues and as major players whether it's in the non-con or post-season.
                    We often talk down the MVC but year after year we are better than these other conferences. The WCC and the Horizon are lower conferences than the MVC (some years more than others). Only this year has Butler in the A10 been in a superior conference to the MVC.

Comment

Like finishing 2nd, 2nd, 1st and currently being in 2nd for the last 4 years. Sure, that's more seconds than firsts but it's better than any other MVC team can say. I'll add VCU to the list of teams I'd like to start a home and home series with. This year just wasn't enough revenge for me.

Comment

IIRC, Gonzaga built there street cred by taking multuple buy games ecery year at top programs and showing well. This could work with recruiting also. If you could sell playing on TV against name brand teams.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          IIRC, Gonzaga built there street cred by taking multuple buy games ecery year at top programs and showing well. This could work with recruiting also. If you could sell playing on TV against name brand teams.
                          I'm not opposed to doing a modified version of what Gonzaga did. We still have to play home games and we need some decent teams for that, but as long as we're not pimping ourselves out to everyone, it could be done. Only top level programs that would guarantee national TV. Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana, Arizona, Florida.... Top 15 types. And ones that do it just about every year and aren't just riding a couple of good recruiting classes. Preferably some teams in the South, but I wouldn't be too picky.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I'm not opposed to doing a modified version of what Gonzaga did. We still have to play home games and we need some decent teams for that, but as long as we're not pimping ourselves out to everyone, it could be done. Only top level programs that would guarantee national TV. Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana, Arizona, Florida.... Top 15 types. And ones that do it just about every year and aren't just riding a couple of good recruiting classes. Preferably some teams in the South, but I wouldn't be too picky.
                            I got a feeling after the last two years that ESPN would cover WSU vs VCU in a heartbeat.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Our other option is to target mid level BCS schools for home and homes that have potential to be contenders in 2 years when they return the game to Koch.

Comment

Working...
                              X