Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to score 100 points in a game today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to score 100 points in a game today?

It seems all college games are ugly these days. Scores closer to 50 are more common than 80s or 90s. The most successful teams focus on defense first. Has the game changed? Has the way the game is called changed? Is it even possible for a team to score 100 today?

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
    It seems all college games are ugly these days. Scores closer to 50 are more common than 80s or 90s. The most successful teams focus on defense first. Has the game changed? Has the way the game is called changed? Is it even possible for a team to score 100 today?
    Teams are more equal today.

Comment

Is it even possible for a team to score 100 today?
      Yes. I've seen it in person once this year. On two other occasions, I saw 91 points scored.... and those 91 that would have certainly become 100 if the coach didn't put five walkons on the floor for the last few minutes of each game.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
        Yes. I've seen it in person once this year. On two other occasions, I saw 91 points scored.... and those 91 that would have certainly become 100 if the coach didn't put five walkons on the floor for the last few minutes of each game.
        It helps playing against top programs like Longwood.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ask the guys at Grinnell, shock.

Comment

In order to do it, you pretty much have to have two teams that don't play D, or one team that's D is just so bad they can't do anything and they don't slow it down and try to grind on O.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              In order to do it, you pretty much have to have two teams that don't play D, or one team that's D is just so bad they can't do anything and they don't slow it down and try to grind on O.
              Lots of run and gun and no D. That is why we rarely see 100 points scored in the MVC. Most teams, even the crappy ones play good D.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Ask the guys at Grinnell, shock.
                Grinnell plays absolutely no defense and jacks up 60 3's a game. They are an anomally in college basketball. No one else even thinks about doing what they do up there in Iowa.

Comment

Working...
                X