WSU Versus SIU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus SIU Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We are 19-4 and 8-3. Now we play the last place team in the Valley that Illinois State just beat 83-47. Most of us including our beloved Shockers now have a pit in our bellies that only wins can cure. We are used to winning and being ranked 15th and now we must forget the rankings, roll up our sleeves and get back to work. No win in the Valley can be taken for granted and our schedule from here is far from easy.

Forget the blame game because we win and lose together. If we run the table, we will be fine. However, that will be tougher than nails to achieve but very possible if we get our groove on. It we win at the Lew, we will be finer than a frog hair, but that would be a first. What does it all mean? Win this game and then we will take the rest of our journey one game at a time. We are not accustomed this Season to even losing 2 games in a row. Get ready for another winnning streak, knowing that a flurry of winning most games from here becomes epic.

WSU----73

SIU----59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

FSF, we can always count on you to pick us off the floor with your always positive attitude. I'd love to have your recipe for the koolaide.

No blasted way we lose 3 in a row - Shox by narrowest of margins - +15.

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet.com -Southern Illinois

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

pick 'em

'shockers have been just that embarrassing the last two games. this team now is showing no espirit des corps. none.

Comment

Shox 66
          SIU 2
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

WSU 63
            SIU 56

Comment

Shox - 64

Uglies - 59
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We all would like to think that the Shox are so mad about the last two games, we almost feel sorry for SIU because they stand in the way of an awakened giant. Unfortunately that is not going to be the case, our offense sucks and there is nothing to suspect a dramatic change is going to take place as nothing has changed in the first 23 games. TThe Shox are who we thought they were, pretty good on D, pretty average on offense (on a good night).

The word is out on how to play us - break out the zone and pack the inside tightly. Blue collar effort on O, tenacious effort on D is how we are going to win and thankfully, SIU starts no player taller than 6'5". It will be close since it's a road game, but our size will be the difference and we take this by 8.

Comment

I rarely make predictions. There is no way the Shockers lose this game. I don't care what the margin is, but I suspect by 10+

Comment

I will hit the panic button if we lose this one. There should be no justifiable reason for losing this one. sCUm went in there and won by 30. Illinois State went there and won by 20.

Once again, the dumbass turnovers are killing us. Teams really lose their chances to win games when dumbass turnovers occur. That's pretty much the reason why teams are beating us, even despite our horrible offensive numbers.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We'll win. Not by much. But we'll win.

Shox 65
                      SIU 63

Comment

Barry very well could get the best of us in this one. He is more than capable of coaching that team to a win against a bigger, faster team. Especially one that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

If all we do is look to jack up 3's, like games past, WSU loses by 10 or more. They have to pound, pound, pound. Wiggins is bigger than their tallest starter. There is no reason they can't just abuse SIU in the lane. WSU has 4 (yes Lufile too) capable post players that have 20 fouls total to give and are all bigger than SIU's team.

Something has to change. If not, then WSU is going to be on a long streak, and not the good kind.

Having said that, Marshall gets the ship righted and WSU wins by 5.

Comment

67 to 53 Da Shocks! I hope
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'm going with the safe bet. A tie, 56-56. Then half the lights go out inside the Saluki Dome. What happens after that I have no clue.

On a side note, the Shocker Express departed safely and soundly this evening just around supper time headed eastbound.

Comment

You have to love Barry Hinson's interviews:

“We started the shortest team ever in the history of NCAA Division I basketball,” Hinson said. “As far as a starting lineup for Tuesday — our starting lineup goes by responsibility and what our guys do off the floor. We’ve got another 48 hours… before starting lineups are announced and that’s an enormous amount of time for our guys to screw up.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/02/04/266...#storylink=cpy

He is perhaps the only coach in the valley who gives HCGM a run for driver of the "straight-talk express"!
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X