Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now our backup PG is out?

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Heartl reported that Mekel missed practice today with flu symptoms. Could see PJ playing some PG.

What's next????

:cry:
    probably another loss unfortunately

Comment

In the eagle it says PJ is playing through an injury? What injury are they talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by aShock4life
        In the eagle it says PJ is playing through an injury? What injury are they talking about?
        Some type of shoulder injury. :(

Time to suit up the water boy and towel boy.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
          So were going to be down to our number 4 PG? This could be very ugly.
          Is Lance Harris our #4 pg? Wendell Preadom?

I decided to list our current guards (by number as in http://www.goshockers.com/SportSelec...51&SPSID=61183):
          1 Mekel, Gal G
          2 Couisnard, P.J. G/F
          3 Harris, Lance G
          5 Preadom, Wendell G
          14 Hatch, Graham G
          15 Michael, Bret G
          We sure don't have many choices if people get hurt!!
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
            Originally posted by aShock4life
            Some type of shoulder injury. :(

Time to suit up the water boy and towel boy.
            The USA Today, in its weekly Valley report on Monday, said something along the lines of Cousinard "having to pop his shoulder back into place" before the last game. That kind of sounds like a separated shoulder...

Comment

druing the SIU game PJ popped his shoulder out, went to the bench in pain but returned. I'm sure he is a little sore, but its not anything he cant play through unless it tore or severely strained ligaments.
              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Sullentrop's shockwave blog said that Wendell would start if Gal can't.

It is a good read on many bball points.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker
                  druing the SIU game PJ popped his shoulder out, went to the bench in pain but returned. I'm sure he is a little sore, but its not anything he cant play through unless it tore or severely strained ligaments.
                  Coach said his shoulder didn't pop out. He jammed it. So it didn't sound like it did any damage, just hurt pretty bad at that time.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I expect that Mekel will play. The question is for how many minutes and how well. Man has this been a difficult season so far.

Comment

I don't know where I heard/saw it, but something to the effect that last game if PJ lifted his arm above the shoulder, it was very painful. Tough to shoot if that's the case.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'd be surprised if Gal doesn't play. But he won't be playing 35 minutes tonight. We're gonna need good minutes from Preadom and Harris.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not that I am counting on ANYTHING, but at least this matchup with UNI isn't as bad as, say ISU whose guards ran circles around us.

If we are going to be minus ANOTHER guard, this is probably the one game we just might be able to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I'd be surprised if Gal doesn't play. But he won't be playing 35 minutes tonight. We're gonna need good minutes from Preadom and Harris.
                            If yesterday was the first day he was showing symptoms (and indeed has the flu), today could be real rough for Gal - throwing up, achy, fatigued. If he plays at all, I bet it will be limited minutes. Maybe 10-ish.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                              Ok, have Gal make sure he coughs all over the UNI players so that when we play them again in a few weeks, they are all sick. Germ warfare my friends.
                              Exposing the compettion to the flu bug will only result in spreading it among the Shocker players. Are you sure we really need this at this time.
                              Perhaps they should quarrantine Gal from all other Shocker players so we don't have a larger problem.

Comment

My Line I Would Like To See Is:

PG HATCH
                                SG COOZ
                                SF Mantas
                                PF RAMON
                                C PHIL

Comment

Working...
                                X