Catching up with Mo Evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching up with Mo Evans

It is interesting how Maurice has grown into a leader with opportunities in management.

Is this the same cranky, surly, pouty Maurice, who used to play for the Shockers?

Billy Hunter will soon be out of a job. Maybe Maurice will ascend to the presidency of the N.B.A. Players Union.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      Is this the same cranky, surly, pouty Maurice, who used to play for the Shockers?

Billy Hunter will soon be out of a job. Maybe Maurice will ascend to the presidency of the N.B.A. Players Union.
      I don't know I'd go that far...our team was in trouble with the NCAA back then due to players being "over practiced". ...my wife went to school with one of the guys on the team who also eventually quit due to the fact he was told to basically cut ties with his family...Shocker basketball was the only thing that mattered.

Comment

While I'm still pissed that Mo left WSU and the circumstances surrounding his departure, the fact remains he is a solid citizen and a fine representative of our city.

Comment

All Randy S had to do was get rid of Carlos Diggins and not be such an ass bag and Mo may have finished his collegiate career here. When he was being recruited he and his dad wanted to choose WSU but his mom wanted him to go to that school to the north of us. He wasn't real happy at texass which is why he stayed one year before going pro. Mo was a good kid. If I would have had RS & CG as my coaches I would have been pouty and cranky too.

Comment

I always liked MO. I enjoyed watching him play for the 2 years he was here. It is too bad it didn't work out better for him here. But in my mind he will always be a Shocker. He chose WSU over Ku and he played 2 seasons here vs. 1 at Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Once again, the blame for what happened with Mo always falls on him. It was a terrible situation and I am so happy we found an athletic director to fix it.

Comment

Mo was a bit of a prima donna, but who isn't at his level. He was a huge talent and he recognized he was playing under an amateur coach. I would love to watch a taped Shocker game with him in it. He could score at will it seemed.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  Once again, the blame for what happened with Mo always falls on him. It was a terrible situation and I am so happy we found an athletic director to fix it.
                  I am confused as to what you are trying to say. What blame falls to Mo? What was a terrible situation? The athletic director fixed the terrible situation or the coaching or Mo? I am not a savant so help me out here. Thanking you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I am confused as to what you are trying to say. What blame falls to Mo? What was a terrible situation? The athletic director fixed the terrible situation or the coaching or Mo? I am not a savant so help me out here. Thanking you in advance.
                    I think what he is saying is that Mo is always taking the rap, but it wasn't his fault. We had some athletic department members that were in over their heads.

Damn jarhead.

Comment

Here's a 15 second highlight.

Comment

Who cares. This was a long time ago. I hope that everyone from that era has now landed in a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          I am not blaming Mo or anybody else. I merely said he was surly, which he was. Folks can decide, if his behavior was justified.

He must be doing something right, given his ascension in the union ranks.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            Mo is wrongly blamed for what went wrong. First and foremost the head coach was the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              I think what he is saying is that Mo is always taking the rap, but it wasn't his fault. We had some athletic department members that were in over their heads.

Damn jarhead.
                              Bite me you damn air head

Comment

Working...
                              X