Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall on Steve and Nate Radio Show in KC

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140

see link above (border patrol - clink on Marshall picture)

Marshall did a very good job on selling WSU. Called WSU a destination job. Should be required listening for all those insecure fans who have to call in afraid Marshall is going to pack up and leave in the middle of the night.

[Hat tip to RJ for sending me link]

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140

see link above (border patrol - clink on Marshall picture)

Marshall did a very good job on selling WSU. Called WSU a destination job. Should be required listening for all those insecure fans who have to call in afraid Marshall is going to pack up and leave in the middle of the night.

[Hat tip to RJ for sending me link]
    Awesome!!
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Thanks for the link!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Don't need to listen. 3G is gone. North Carolina is calling. Tobacco Road. The Demon Deacons. The moving truck is sitting in the underground garage, packed and ready to go!

:unconscious:
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

This was a good interview. I have listened to the shows on 810 before and I could only wish we had local sports talk like KC has.

He listed every reason in the world to stay. "I'm not saying I will retire here, but I very well could retire here." I like that quote. It does give us all hope and should put the worries to rest. He is no Turgeon.

He felt that the bracketbusters did need to end. Talked about the best choices to get to play and didn't sound excited about it.

KU came up and he said that if he was them, he'd avoid playing WSU as well. He wants to play, but it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            He is no Turgeon.
            In more ways than the one you're talking about!

I'll have to listen to this when I get a chance at home.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              In more ways than the one you're talking about!

I'll have to listen to this when I get a chance at home.
              I was talking about more than just that one too. HCGM has one up on Turgeon in every category as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Dammit they spelled Gregg wrong
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  Don't need to listen. 3G is gone. North Carolina is calling. Tobacco Road. The Demon Deacons. The moving truck is sitting in the underground garage, packed and ready to go!

:unconscious:
                  According to some knuckle brains on this board KU, Duke, Kentucky will have to sign off on him entertaining the UNC blue. He's not perfect, but he's a perfect fit for us over the long haul. He wouldn't even be a blip on the fore mentioned jobs people. Get control of your emotions and cut this crap out now.

I'm ready for him to take us to that next plateau, which he will, but not without speed bumps. I'm ready for some quality basketball coming up, win in STL and win a game or six in the dance. It all starts Saturday in Frost Bite Falls, America.

Comment

Whoosh.

Comment

Some great conversation with the hosts after he dropped off about how great rotating games between WSU and KU/KSU would be at the Sprint Center, and MoState, MU, and SLU doing the same is St. Louis.

HCGM also said WSU is a destination job, if I chose to make it one. (tranlation: it has everything I need for it to be a destination job).

Regarding Turgeon, one of the hosts also said that once retired, he would expect Turgeon to admit that he made a huge mistake leaving WSU for aTm.

Lots or respect for CKA as well..

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        I was talking about more than just that one too. HCGM has one up on Turgeon in every category as far as I'm concerned.
                        I agree, but I always remind myself that without Jim Schaus and Mark Turgeon spending 7 years of their lives rebuilding our program, we would never had a shot at Gregg....

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          I agree, but I always remind myself that without Jim Schaus and Mark Turgeon spending 7 years of their lives rebuilding our program, we would never had a shot at Gregg....
                          I think most would agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            According to some knuckle brains on this board KU, Duke, Kentucky will have to sign off on him entertaining the UNC blue. He's not perfect, but he's a perfect fit for us over the long haul. He wouldn't even be a blip on the fore mentioned jobs people. Get control of your emotions and cut this crap out now.

I'm ready for him to take us to that next plateau, which he will, but not without speed bumps. I'm ready for some quality basketball coming up, win in STL and win a game or six in the dance. It all starts Saturday in Frost Bite Falls, America.
                            Actually there is one job other besides Wake I think 3G would take; Savannah State. If that one opens up, look out!
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                              Actually there is one job other besides Wake I think 3G would take; Savannah State. If that one opens up, look out!
                              I'm not sure Savannah could go North of $2.5 mil/yr though. That may eliminate them. They could go $2 mil, but GM will look for 2.5 to 3 mil.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X